Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA resumes LHR-SIN-SYD at end of March ‘22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2022, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Being made official today: BA15/16 is back as a daily service, albeit on the Boeing 787-9 instead of the 777-300ER.

After almost a two-year absence, BA15 arrives into Sydney on 29 March. BA's not yet commented on if the SIN lounge will reopen or if the LHR-SIN or SYD-SIN flights will be counted as VTL services, allowing passengers to do just that SIN-bound leg.

More at https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...hts-from-march
Cymro and MM00LL2 like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Great news. Does this mean there will be a 'flurry' of Avios availability once the flights are loaded on ba.com?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by rtaylore
Great news. Does this mean there will be a 'flurry' of Avios availability once the flights are loaded on ba.com?
They've been on sale throughout - BA was selling and then cancelling. Certainly the April dates a friend was looking at for a work trip from Singapore were full or nearly full in F/CW so no extra Avios availability is going to appear anytime soon!

Worth noting that currently Singapore does not allow transit passengers from the UK (and other "high risk" countries) to use the facilities during transit at Changi, if this is not resolved then BA transit passengers will need to remain at the gate during the stop

I'd have thought BA would share the lounge with QF or use the paid for options (either of which aren't terrible in T1) rather than open their own for only 1 x 787 worth of passengers
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC GFL (Only took 30 years)
Originally Posted by sammyg901
They've been on sale throughout - BA was selling and then cancelling. Certainly the April dates a friend was looking at for a work trip from Singapore were full or nearly full in F/CW so no extra Avios availability is going to appear anytime soon!

Worth noting that currently Singapore does not allow transit passengers from the UK (and other "high risk" countries) to use the facilities during transit at Changi, if this is not resolved then BA transit passengers will need to remain at the gate during the stop

I'd have thought BA would share the lounge with QF or use the paid for options (either of which aren't terrible in T1) rather than open their own for only 1 x 787 worth of passengers
Indeed, I'm not sure what BA are announcing here, but we got SIN-SYD tickets for April in November, though it was scheduled as an A380 then.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Midships
Indeed, I'm not sure what BA are announcing here, but we got SIN-SYD tickets for April in November, though it was scheduled as an A380 then.
They're announcing that the flights will actually start to happen, whereas previously they were selling tickets and then cancelling 100% of the flights.
futuramadramallama and SxMan like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by Midships
An A380 on BA to Sydney? No chance. It’ll never happen.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by wb1969
Scheduling it as a nice big A380 when you're not actually flying does help with the cashflow though.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club
I am booked to travel to SIN in F at the beginning of May and the cabin is full. I have been re-booked from the BA11, which I’d held since September last year, but BA have yet to inform me of the change, which involves a change of timing. I have no idea if it is a VTL flight or not. Of course, if it isn’t, I won’t be going.
Genius1 and WickedStepMother like this.

Last edited by Exsilver; Feb 9, 2022 at 6:52 am
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by wb1969
probably not.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by bobbytables
They're announcing that the flights will actually start to happen, whereas previously they were selling tickets and then cancelling 100% of the flights.
They were selling tickets for March 2022 last November and those flights have not been cancelled since then. BA11 was cancelled though.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by sammyg901
Yes, a friend of mine had this with another airline during the week. Spending the time at the gate must be boring, but since the alternative is not going, it looks like everyone sucked it up and got on with it.

Anyway, BA are back to Sydney. Where are all those who said it would never happen? Good news all round anyway.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by bobbytables
Scheduling it as a nice big A380 when you're not actually flying does help with the cashflow though.
The A380 was never scheduled on Sydney. LHR-SIN, yes absolutely, but not on the one that continued to SYD.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:07 am

Two bookings

We are on way to Sydney and were going to travel back via bali to Singapore. As my pregnant wife has found journey harder than expected we are going to go directly home from Sydney. We have a booking through avios so going to pay for a flight from syd to sin. Am I right to think they will check our bags straight through? Even though we will be on two bookings otherwise we won’t have enough time to loop back round.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whiteheatsyd
We are on way to Sydney and were going to travel back via Bali to Singapore. As my pregnant wife has found journey harder than expected we are going to go directly home from Sydney. We have a booking through avios so going to pay for a flight from SYD to SIN. Am I right to think they will check our bags straight through? Even though we will be on two bookings otherwise we won’t have enough time to loop back round.
BA do not interline bags on separate tickets. Even BA to BA. Can ask, but a risk they will not do.
Is there an earlier flight on QF? You may have more chance with QF. Look here --->link

BA no longer through checking baggage with separate tickets
Old Apr 17, 2022, 5:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by whiteheatsyd
We are on way to Sydney and were going to travel back via bali to Singapore. As my pregnant wife has found journey harder than expected we are going to go directly home from Sydney. We have a booking through avios so going to pay for a flight from syd to sin. Am I right to think they will check our bags straight through? Even though we will be on two bookings otherwise we won’t have enough time to loop back round.
Not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but if you currently have a ticket SYD-DPS-SIN-LHR, you can't just arrive at SIN and start your journey home from there (after your SYD-SIN flight). As soon as you no-show for the SYD-DPS part, the rest of the journey would be cancelled.
wrp96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.