Search

Changes to Cancellation Policy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
Changes to Cancellation Policy

Hi there

I am looking for information on the Cancellation policy and how may have changed.

We have (had) Reward 241 tickets in F to Sydney for this Feb that were cancelled back in the summer of '21.

Initially thought we had lost them but were told by the You First call centre in September that we could carry them over for up to a Year from the date of travel rather than issue, a bonus so we held off rebooking till now.

On calling to rebook we are being told this is not the case and only up to a year from booking applies, 'Mikeyfly' had mentioned this in a post in January as a change applied in October.

Does anyone have any further info we might find helpful?

Thanks

AMLB
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Hi Amlb

See my answer to your post in the other thread December 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

I think there was a short period when they did allow rebooking well beyond a year, so I don't know if you call coincided with that.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Amlb
Hi there

I am looking for information on the Cancellation policy and how may have changed.

We have (had) Reward 241 tickets in F to Sydney for this Feb that were cancelled back in the summer of '21.

Initially thought we had lost them but were told by the You First call centre in September that we could carry them over for up to a Year from the date of travel rather than issue, a bonus so we held off rebooking till now.

On calling to rebook we are being told this is not the case and only up to a year from booking applies, 'Mikeyfly' had mentioned this in a post in January as a change applied in October.

Does anyone have any further info we might find helpful?

Thanks

AMLB
There were several changes to ticket validity policy last year within a few months. I mentioned the changes and what the last update was in ticket validity thread.

Last edited by Anonba; Feb 8, 2022 at 4:10 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.