Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

December 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

December 2021 flight cancellations and operational changes

Old Feb 8, 22, 3:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It has been the policy for a while that rebookings are only up to 1 year of the later of booking or the last voluntary change. Some people have managed to get beyond that by going via CEDR, but this has not meant BA has changed their policy so you would have to do the same for any chance of success.

Also if you can change it via the disruption tool then try that as it may allow you to go beyond a year.
Old Feb 8, 22, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
Disruption tool?
Old Feb 8, 22, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by Amlb View Post
Disruption tool?
after your flight is cancelled when you try and access the booking you may be presented with the disruption screen rather than the normal MMB screen. the disruption screen should show what is cancelled, what rebooking is proposed, and some buttons at the bottom to accept, look for alternative flights, or cancel for a refund.
Old Feb 8, 22, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
after your flight is cancelled when you try and access the booking you may be presented with the disruption screen rather than the normal MMB screen. the disruption screen should show what is cancelled, what rebooking is proposed, and some buttons at the bottom to accept, look for alternative flights, or cancel for a refund.
Thanks

will investigate

AMLB
Old Feb 8, 22, 5:59 am

It offers a voucher up to April 2023 but I am not sure as a Reward flight on 241 what the voucher would offer?
Old Feb 8, 22, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by Amlb View Post
It offers a voucher up to April 2023 but I am not sure as a Reward flight on 241 what the voucher would offer?
is there no button saying look for alternative flights? What do the blue buttons say at the bottom of the screen?

thats just the standard FTV option so everything is just held on a voucher and available to put towards a new booking.
Old Feb 8, 22, 6:09 am

Thanks , found it in earlier screen and dates there till Jan 23 but saying no availability, am guessing that means it is only offering Reward seats which have gone!
Old Feb 20, 22, 4:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just had the final leg of DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO cancelled (125 ticket, on the obvious mix of BA/AA metal). LAX-SFO was the last flight on a Saturday so the routing was meeting the Saturday night rule (and overall proving a very busy Saturday).
(i) can I use this to push parts of this outbound route forward by a day, failing the Saturday night rule?
(ii) any chance I can use this to change my origin to somewhere within 300miles of DUB?
Old Feb 20, 22, 5:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by barneyb View Post
Just had the final leg of DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO cancelled (125 ticket, on the obvious mix of BA/AA metal). LAX-SFO was the last flight on a Saturday so the routing was meeting the Saturday night rule (and overall proving a very busy Saturday).
(i) can I use this to push parts of this outbound route forward by a day, failing the Saturday night rule?
(ii) any chance I can use this to change my origin to somewhere within 300miles of DUB?
In rebooking, the Saturday night rule won't need to be applied, so if your end up in SFO on Sunday that's fine, to take one example. I don't think you can use the 300 mile rule in respect of Dublin for something that happened in Californa. There is a strong change AA will reinstate a LAX-SFO option in the next week or two, and change it a few more times until you are within about 6 weeks of travel.
Old Feb 21, 22, 9:46 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by barneyb View Post
In addition to CWS' answer, most of the time the Saturday night rule applies to the TATL segments, so what happens after you reach JFK could be irrelevant (you should be able to check in the fare rules).
Old Feb 21, 22, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500 View Post
In addition to CWS' answer, most of the time the Saturday night rule applies to the TATL segments, so what happens after you reach JFK could be irrelevant (you should be able to check in the fare rules).
The Saturday night rule on the DUB fare was to finish the outbound by Saturday night. I phoned this morning and they happily shifted everything forward to have a Saturday night in NYC, traveling on to SFO on Sunday. Thanks for the help. Now to wait for the next AA schedule change...

Search this Thread