Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does status holder need to be lead on family booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue

Hello. I'm about to book a family BA holiday. I subscribe to a cashback service that gives me 10% with BA hols providing the booking is in my name. However my wife is the status holder (Silver) so gets us free seat choice etc. Just wondering does my wife's Silver status still open up these perks for all of us if I (lowly Blue) am the lead on the booking? Many thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
What you propose is fine - you'll get the Silver perks as long as a Silver member is on the booking. Doesn't have to be the person paying.

ETA: Just to give a link to the BA language on this:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ilver-benefits

You can see that the relevant text is "You must be travelling on the booking for the benefit to apply", as long as they are travelling, that's all you need. No mention of having to be the one who made the booking or paid for it.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by thatbloke
Just wondering does my wife's Silver status still open up these perks for all of us if I (lowly Blue) am the lead on the booking?
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
What you propose is fine - you'll get the Silver perks as long as a Silver member is on the booking. Doesn't have to be the person paying.
And (for completeness) the Silver member doesn't have to be the first-named person in the booking.
BertieBadger likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.