Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club

On the "Claim missing Avios and Tier Points on partner flights" page on the BA Exec Club site, the pull-down menu doesn't have an option for Alaska yet

Is that a temporary omission, or do I really have to wait a month and then *fax* the "other airlines" claim form?

(Fax? what century is this? can't I just send a pigeon?)
bzado and RNdouble like this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Just send a PM to BAMissingAvios on here. Much less hassle.
Cymro, DeanB, vand_hk and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:00 pm

Programs: British Airways
Hi, new member here with the same problem with an Alaska Airlines flight. Thanks Golfmad for the tip to PM BAMissingAvios . Afraid I can't PM them yet as you need to have made 5 posts on the forum before you can message users. BAMissingAvios could you send me a PM so I can send my information please?
RNdouble likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Nat Martin
Hi, new member here with the same problem with an Alaska Airlines flight. Thanks Golfmad for the tip to PM BAMissingAvios . Afraid I can't PM them yet as you need to have made 5 posts on the forum before you can message users. BAMissingAvios could you send me a PM so I can send my information please?
I am also having the same problem. Although I was able to send them a message, they've since responded and I can't read or receive the response because it tells me I need to have 5 posts. At least this will count towards another of those 5.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
It's a complete hassle, but as recommended above, BAMissingAvios is the key to getting your missing Alaska credit. None of my December 2021 and January 2022 Alaska Airlines (AS) flights have credited automatically... despite my BA frequent flyer number being in the AS booking since initial ticketing.

There is something very messed up with the Alaska integration.
RNdouble likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: BAEC
I also have not had my December Alaskan tier points posted. American Airlines are posting the points and Avios on the day of travel sot can be done promptly I am also suffering the 5 post problem to BAMissingAvios is there a workaround.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
FWIW it's the same with me and AS miles posting from BA flights. AS number in the reservation and on the boarding pass, but any BA-operated flight, I have to wait a week and submit a request.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Has anyone had any luck with AS flights posting normally? It's been over a week since the flight but still nothing posted.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 1:37 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
No, mine have not posted and I need to get the BA team involved.
They posted them after about a week.
(Ironic that AA flights are now posting in less than 24 hours in my experience)
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I found my AS flights taken from mid-November to early December never posted automatically. Basically around the IT upgrade timeline.

I contacted BAMissingAvios who created a case and requested my boarding passes. I sent them in, waited ~30+ days then contacted BAMissingAvios again. Then the TPs posted.

My AS flights taken after Dec 24 posted eventually. They would take up to ~11 days to post.

Good luck
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Took an Alaska flight on Friday (Saturday UK time) and TPs and Avios have posted.
RNdouble likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 7:59 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by xenole
Took an Alaska flight on Friday (Saturday UK time) and TPs and Avios have posted.
That's encouraging. Hopefully that experience will become the norm.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
That's nice to know. Hopefully my AS flight next week will also post automatically.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
As in Friday the 28th? That's amazing. My flight on the 22nd still nothing. Anyone else experiencing quick postings?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
I found my AS flights taken from mid-November to early December never posted automatically. Basically around the IT upgrade timeline.

I contacted BAMissingAvios who created a case and requested my boarding passes. I sent them in, waited ~30+ days then contacted BAMissingAvios again. Then the TPs posted.

My AS flights taken after Dec 24 posted eventually. They would take up to ~11 days to post.

Good luck
What happens if you just had a boarding pass on your phone, which now I can't access anymore? I have the email acknowledging the ticket purchase along with the Alaska ticket number in the email but no physical paper boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.