FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2066740-claiming-missing-tps-alaska-airlines-flights.html)

DeanB Jan 26, 22 10:29 am

Claiming missing TPs for Alaska Airlines flights

On the "Claim missing Avios and Tier Points on partner flights" page on the BA Exec Club site, the pull-down menu doesn't have an option for Alaska yet

Is that a temporary omission, or do I really have to wait a month and then *fax* the "other airlines" claim form?

(Fax? what century is this? can't I just send a pigeon?)

golfmad Jan 26, 22 10:40 am

Just send a PM to BAMissingAvios on here. Much less hassle.

Nat Martin Jan 27, 22 1:00 pm

Hi, new member here with the same problem with an Alaska Airlines flight. Thanks Golfmad for the tip to PM BAMissingAvios . Afraid I can't PM them yet as you need to have made 5 posts on the forum before you can message users. BAMissingAvios could you send me a PM so I can send my information please?

tom1985 Jan 27, 22 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Nat Martin (Post 33941008)
Hi, new member here with the same problem with an Alaska Airlines flight. Thanks Golfmad for the tip to PM BAMissingAvios . Afraid I can't PM them yet as you need to have made 5 posts on the forum before you can message users. BAMissingAvios could you send me a PM so I can send my information please?

I am also having the same problem. Although I was able to send them a message, they've since responded and I can't read or receive the response because it tells me I need to have 5 posts. At least this will count towards another of those 5.

wylek Jan 27, 22 9:31 pm

It's a complete hassle, but as recommended above, BAMissingAvios is the key to getting your missing Alaska credit. None of my December 2021 and January 2022 Alaska Airlines (AS) flights have credited automatically... despite my BA frequent flyer number being in the AS booking since initial ticketing.

There is something very messed up with the Alaska integration.

gortinboy Jan 28, 22 2:47 pm

I also have not had my December Alaskan tier points posted. American Airlines are posting the points and Avios on the day of travel sot can be done promptly I am also suffering the 5 post problem to BAMissingAvios is there a workaround.

DMPHL Jan 28, 22 4:41 pm

FWIW it's the same with me and AS miles posting from BA flights. AS number in the reservation and on the boarding pass, but any BA-operated flight, I have to wait a week and submit a request.

ghsbass0406 Jan 29, 22 3:07 pm

Has anyone had any luck with AS flights posting normally? It's been over a week since the flight but still nothing posted.

Markie Jan 30, 22 1:37 am

No, mine have not posted and I need to get the BA team involved.
They posted them after about a week.
(Ironic that AA flights are now posting in less than 24 hours in my experience)

UrbanLegend Jan 30, 22 11:50 am

I found my AS flights taken from mid-November to early December never posted automatically. Basically around the IT upgrade timeline.

I contacted BAMissingAvios who created a case and requested my boarding passes. I sent them in, waited ~30+ days then contacted BAMissingAvios again. Then the TPs posted.

My AS flights taken after Dec 24 posted eventually. They would take up to ~11 days to post.

Good luck

xenole Jan 30, 22 7:52 pm

Took an Alaska flight on Friday (Saturday UK time) and TPs and Avios have posted.

golfmad Jan 30, 22 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 33949848)
Took an Alaska flight on Friday (Saturday UK time) and TPs and Avios have posted.

That's encouraging. Hopefully that experience will become the norm.

zedarmill Jan 30, 22 8:30 pm

That's nice to know. Hopefully my AS flight next week will also post automatically.

ghsbass0406 Jan 30, 22 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 33949848)

As in Friday the 28th? That's amazing. My flight on the 22nd still nothing. Anyone else experiencing quick postings?

ghsbass0406 Jan 30, 22 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by UrbanLegend (Post 33948804)
I found my AS flights taken from mid-November to early December never posted automatically. Basically around the IT upgrade timeline.

I contacted BAMissingAvios who created a case and requested my boarding passes. I sent them in, waited ~30+ days then contacted BAMissingAvios again. Then the TPs posted.

My AS flights taken after Dec 24 posted eventually. They would take up to ~11 days to post.

Good luck

What happens if you just had a boarding pass on your phone, which now I can't access anymore? I have the email acknowledging the ticket purchase along with the Alaska ticket number in the email but no physical paper boarding pass.