Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No TP Grace Period + Reduced Threshold

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

No TP Grace Period + Reduced Threshold

Was 50 Tier Points shy at the end of my collection year on Jan 8, and took a WTP flight for 90 TP on Jan 11, which would bring me over the 1,125 reduced threshold for Gold status. Spoke to BA Exec Club today to request the two week grace period I've heard so much about, but they say I need to reach the usual 1,500 in that two-week period for Gold. They say that I can have one flexibility (reduced threshold) or another (grace period), but not both. Obviously very disappointing and seemingly nonsensical since I wouldn't have thought the 1,500 would apply to ... anybody? Just an advisory for anyone else attempting same.

Last edited by ledcran02; Jan 15, 2022 at 5:47 pm
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by ledcran02
Was on 1,080 Tier Points at the end of my collection year on Jan 8, and took a WTP flight for 90 TP on Jan 11, which would bring me over the 1,125 reduced threshold for Gold status. Spoke to BA Exec Club today to request the two week grace period I've heard so much about, but they say I need to reach the usual 1,500 in that two-week period for Gold. They say that I can have one flexibility (reduced threshold) or another (grace period), but not both. Obviously very disappointing and seemingly nonsensical since I wouldn't have thought the 1,500 would apply to ... anybody? Just an advisory for anyone else attempting same.
Sorry to hear this, particularly given you asked the question in threads in the forum a couple of times ans didn’t receive an answer (being caught up in some of pedantry of some posters I fear).

I think that is consistent with other reported experiences we’ve heard during the reduced threshold period.

Thanks for sharing though, hopefully it will help others avoid the same assumptions. On the positive side, you have a good start to your next collection year and hopefully, you’ll qualify before the end of 2022 with the reduced threshold.
m8_rotate likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.