Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Sale Fares?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Luxury Sale Fares?

Over quite a few years I've followed sale fares in J and F. It's said that there's currently a luxury flight sale, but I see little evidence of this when I've been looking, particularly in First to the USA, which usually has good F sale fares. Am I missing something or is this as simple as that BA are not putting F on sale much and trying to claw back lost revenue?

Thanks.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
It’s only Club Europe/World not First this time.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG
The definition of luxury is clearly a personal opinion.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by snabbu
The definition of luxury is clearly a personal opinion.
Wouldn't you think they'd have just said clearly that it's business class. Then again not much surprises me about BA these days. I'm a fan, but very gradually that's being eroded. Maybe I'm just getting old!
SxMan and RB211 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
You have to remember that a lot of F routes will be reduced with he 747s gone and A350s being used more and more. There’s a higher possibility that F will be removed from flights if there’s an aircraft swap and maybe BA want to avoid having to deal with downgrade compensation whilst trying to preserve cash.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:08 am

Current 'sale' feels more like a sale in name only, especially in premium cabins - nothing to get excited about.

BA also have to deal with a 'debt' of moved flights, due to cancellations - people booking cheap(er) F/J tickets, flights being cancelled, and them getting moved to more premium dates for free. It's probably not a huge amount in absolute numbers, but when you only have 8F, that quickly eats into the inventory.
LCY8737, GlasgowBlue and skiaplg like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
I have to agree with zen100. The current sale is fairly disappointing, particularly in the premium cabins. I've been scouring the prices and date options for three destinations over the last two months (both short and log haul) for trips in J later this year and the current sale has made zero difference to the pricing. On closer inspection of the small print the destinations and dates listed for this sale are extremely restrictive, especially in CE/CW.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
The terms and conditions will give you a sense of what is included. However I find the easiest way to see what fares are technically on ‘sale’ is to go into low fare finder (on a desktop computer). Cabins/destinations/months have a red sale marker on them.

It’s also true that there is no rule that you won’t get a non-sale fare at some point set at a lower level than a sale fare. I think we will see some very high and very low fares this year as the market (hopefully) finds its feet again.
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Silver
Over the last few years the best CW fares I have seen have not been part of any advertised sale.
RB211 and Radiation Station like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
There are no F seats left to discount

Everyone clamoured for a smaller F cabin. We got it and now can’t afford it 🤣
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
There are no F seats left to discount

Everyone clamoured for a smaller F cabin. We got it and now can’t afford it 🤣
Not sure whom everyone is, but it didn't include me!

rb211.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I was fiddling around today for CW holidays out of LHR to take advantage of the double TPs. South Africa for 10 days with 4 star hotel at Easter is 4500 GBP per person. I'll be sticking with the 1750 GBP per person i picked up a couple of.montbs ago ex-BCN. Not sure the extra 2750 quid per person was worth it for a couple of hundred extra TPs.
Mr Silver K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.