Wiki Posts
Search

Paying rebooked 241 FTV with non-amex card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Paying rebooked 241 FTV with non-amex card

I have a FTV for a dummy Avios booking using my 241 voucher since it was due to expire soon and I wanted to extend it. The original payment was made using an Amex card (used a friend's card since I've cancelled mine).

Now I have decided what actual flight I want to take - I will call BA to make the change to the booking and pay the remaining Avios and taxes. My question is - can I pay the remaining balance using a non-amex card?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Any ideas for this one? Would like to know if I need to get my friend's card in advance of calling up BA.
Old Jan 11, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Interesting question. I think you need to use an Amex card. Doesn't have to be the same one used previously. But probably easier to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.