Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Faro flights not loaded beyond Oct '22 ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Blue+, LH Blue, VS Red (nothing metallic: I don't get out much these days.....)
Faro flights not loaded beyond Oct '22 ?

Does anyone know what's going on with Faro? I held outbound Avios seats using an FTV for October '22 half term no problem pending release of the inbounds at +355 etc.

But they have never shown up - the last FAO flights in either direction (for cash or Avios) are 29th Oct then nothing. Looks like the flights haven't been loaded at all. I've asked Exec Club agents but they haven't got a clue why either. Weirdly they recently added extra capacity from LGW on the 29th (presumably as part of the low cost thing) as I got the SeatSpy alert. But still nothing beyond that. Is it just a mistake, are they waiting to see what happens with LGW?

I mean, on one level, it probably doesn't matter because the seats will have been booked by the time I get though on the phone to use my FTV 🙄😊. But I'm curious nonetheless.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Isn’t this the Sunday when the winter schedule starts? The clocks change on 30/10/22 and it’s usually that weekend ?
renila likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Isn’t this the Sunday when the winter schedule starts? The clocks change on 30/10/22 and it’s usually that weekend ?
European clock change weekends and IATA scheduling seasons are indeed aligned. It makes it easy to remember, and means that we don't suffer further one-hour shifts mid-season.

So Saturday 29 October 2022 is the last day of northern summer 2022, and Sunday 30 October 2022 is the first day of northern winter 2022/23. And it looks like BA has not (yet?) loaded any flights for NW 2022/23.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD Blue+, LH Blue, VS Red (nothing metallic: I don't get out much these days.....)
That does make sense. And looking at other "holiday" type destinations the frequency drops after the 29th as the winter schedule takes over e.g. IBZ drops the LGW and LHR flights leaving just a single LCY flight.

But zero flights to Faro in the winter still seems wrong surely?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by DClass4Me
But zero flights to Faro in the winter still seems wrong surely?
Is FAO normally a year-round route from LHR? Without knowing anything about BA's thinking, it occurred to me too to wonder whether there may be some planning uncertainty as a consequence of setting up the new LGW operation.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:17 am

BA are operating to FAO 5 times weekly this winter, all with LGW flight numbers except for a few extras over Christmas and New Years. There doesn’t seem to be anything loaded from Gatwick for next winter yet.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by IrishNY
BA are operating to FAO 5 times weekly this winter, all with LGW flight numbers except for a few extras over Christmas and New Years. There doesn’t seem to be anything loaded from Gatwick for next winter yet.
Am running into the same issue with LPA flights for November. I am guessing they are moving back to LGW post summer season but with no LGW winter schedule loaded - no LPA flights are in the system, Madrid transfer options aren’t even coming up which is a sure sign they are expected to go back to LGW.

Pilot37
Old Jan 3, 2022, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Am running into the same issue with LPA flights for November. I am guessing they are moving back to LGW post summer season but with no LGW winter schedule loaded - no LPA flights are in the system, Madrid transfer options aren’t even coming up which is a sure sign they are expected to go back to LGW.

Pilot37
Thanks all - does sound like it is related to uncertainty around LGW after the summer. I will just have to be on my toes when the SeatSpy alert eventually pops up!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks all - does sound like it is related to uncertainty around LGW after the summer. I will just have to be on my toes when the SeatSpy alert eventually pops up!
So Faro at least is loaded for the winter as of this afternoon. And not that anyone cares but I got my seats home after 2 hours on the phone (didn't get cut off at 1hr interestingly they answered about 75 minutes in). Small victory dance etc.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:13 pm

So Faro at least is loaded for the winter as of this afternoon. And not that anyone cares but I got my seats home after 2 hours on the phone (didn't get cut off at 1hr interestingly they answered about 75 minutes in). Small victory dance etc.
pricing is weird at the moment, November is £366 each way on days when there is only one flight... sadly its LGW now and not LHR anymore too...
Old Jan 19, 2022, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
pricing is weird at the moment, November is £366 each way on days when there is only one flight... sadly its LGW now and not LHR anymore too...
Yeah I'm out of LHR and into LGW. Not a huge problem for me as taxis only marginally more than the car park cost but bit annoying. I booked with Avios so didn't even look at the prices - suspect they just load them initially with full fare C/Y and then worry about pricing later so may well come down.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:32 pm

Perhaps todays Vueling announcement of LGW ‘base’ will shed light in due course…
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:41 pm

Yeah I'm out of LHR and into LGW. Not a huge problem for me as taxis only marginally more than the car park cost but bit annoying. I booked with Avios so didn't even look at the prices - suspect they just load them initially with full fare C/Y and then worry about pricing later so may well come down.
Agreed, they seem to be messing alot with the airfares.. i will always cash fare when below £80 each way especially whilst book with confidence policy is in place, only use points if fares are spendy or I want to fly CE....
Im in two minds about LGW, I kind of got used to the first wing at LHR... that said i can get from the train to the lounge much quicker at LGW... shame they dont split the load between the two airports... but i guess operationally its tricky/not cost effective
Old Jan 20, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
LPA was loaded into the LGW schedule for Winter 22 yesterday, but with an awful schedule! Thursday / Friday and Monday flights with no Saturday and Sunday (when Saturday and Sunday flights were the staple schedule last winter!)
Prices have decreased today as more fare buckets were released, but unless they are looking at every single cost (i.e. landing charges at the weekend are twice those of a weekday), they'll just lose out to Easyjet who offer daily flights from LGW!

Pilot37
earlscourtflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.