Wiki Posts
Search

Covid Documents verification

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Covid Documents verification

Has anybody got any experience they would like to share on BA’s Covid document verification process?

I have made 13 international trips in the last year or so, mainly to Germany. Every single time I submit my documents in MMB a few days before the flight and it seems like nobody does anything with the info. I get the usual reference code after submission but then nothing. If I try again to add documents again I get a message saying that documents have already been submitted for this passenger.

As a result I’m never able to check in online - this is fine when departing LHR as there are always desks open but at outstations it’s an issue. If time allows, I like to turn up early and make use of the lounge to get some work done before the flight and if the check in desks aren’t open I’m sitting around in the check in area. I have also lost a few seat reservations as a result.

OK - granted it’s not really a major issue but more of an inconvenience that I want to try and avoid.

I’d like to know if anybody has any tips on how to make this process successful, outside of waiting for hours trying to get through to a call centre. I usually upload NHS proof of vaccination and the digital registration form for entry to Germany. On the inbound it’s the same but with UK PLF instead.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by daniel1
Has anybody got any experience they would like to share on BA’s Covid document verification process?

I have made 13 international trips in the last year or so, mainly to Germany. Every single time I submit my documents in MMB a few days before the flight and it seems like nobody does anything with the info. I get the usual reference code after submission but then nothing. If I try again to add documents again I get a message saying that documents have already been submitted for this passenger.

As a result I’m never able to check in online - this is fine when departing LHR as there are always desks open but at outstations it’s an issue. If time allows, I like to turn up early and make use of the lounge to get some work done before the flight and if the check in desks aren’t open I’m sitting around in the check in area. I have also lost a few seat reservations as a result.

OK - granted it’s not really a major issue but more of an inconvenience that I want to try and avoid.

I’d like to know if anybody has any tips on how to make this process successful, outside of waiting for hours trying to get through to a call centre. I usually upload NHS proof of vaccination and the digital registration form for entry to Germany. On the inbound it’s the same but with UK PLF instead.
i think the issue is BA uses VeriFLY for pretty much all outbound flights. Ba website is designed for only the inbounds. Try doing the same for your outbound through verifly
Old Jan 19, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Interesting. I haven't done quite as many international flights as the OP, (probably 8 return flights), and every time I have successfully uploaded the forms as requested and been able to check in online. I wonder if it's to do with the countries to which the OP is flying. I haven't been to Germany, but have been to Hungary, Italy, Sweden, UAE and Romania.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:11 am

Hello, I’ve been using VeriFLY but now travelling to a destination not listed in the app. I couldn’t see on MMB where I’d upload any documents nor have I gotten an email with a link. Can anyone advise where on MMB I should be looking please? Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
i think the issue is BA uses VeriFLY for pretty much all outbound flights. Ba website is designed for only the inbounds. Try doing the same for your outbound through verifly
I believe it's exactly the opposite, at least for European destinations. In which case try verifly for the inbound, which may help with the outstation check ins
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by tjcxx
I believe it's exactly the opposite, at least for European destinations. In which case try verifly for the inbound, which may help with the outstation check ins
Indeed - I do not have the option to use this for outbound flights from LHR to Europe. I’ll give it a go on the return leg next time though.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I'm on almost monthly trips back and forth from Greece and always do document submission via MMB. I've had 100% success - always processed in good time and OLCI unlocked.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
On Monday I/we were VeriFLY virgins, flying BA (NOT VS) from Punta Cana to Gatwick and unable to check in on line either. An hour later we were sorted, and on Tuesday sailed though PUJ check-in (with luggage) in about 4 minutes.

We were impressed, once we had mastered the App. Our scanned Jersey Vacc Certificates had to be manually verified by some human somewhere, which took a minute or so each, and a quick selfie of Lady T in bath-robe satified them (if not her!).
Old Jan 19, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
this is a mystery. i did about a dozen euro SHs this fall with my two parents and was near 100% for verifly and/or MMB document uploads. i can only recall two instances where approvals would come thru for my parents but not me (ironically) and i'd just withdraw and re-upload or in the specific instance w MMB keep fingers crossed for my approval to come thru which it did 100% of the time--i would note though i was probably over-inclusive in document uploads beyond what may have been technically required for each country.

but with a dozen+ flights x 3 passengers and near 100% success rate, it cant be down to pure luck that the systems work.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Exec
I fly to Berlin regularly and have had issues having COVID documents verified. On my most recent flight to BER from LHR (2 days ago) I managed to have my documents verified and was able to check in online.

Can’t comment on Verifly as I’ve never used it.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Just did a return flight to Munich and as pr OP, document verification failed and had to check in at airport.
On way out: uploaded documents, vaccination proof was OK'd but the German Digital entry form was never OK'd hence OLCI was never available in app
Return: With no laptop at hand, I tried uploading vax proof+PLF from phone, the android app only looks for images and does not let you select PDFs so again I had to check in at airport.
To be honest, both at heathrow (no queues) and Munich (10min queue), the check in was smooth and without issues so not a big deal in the end. But a bit pointless to offer the service if doesn't work..
Old Jan 20, 2022, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Kruisler
Return: With no laptop at hand, I tried uploading vax proof+PLF from phone, the android app only looks for images and does not let you select PDFs so again I had to check in at airport.
I only have a 'stupid phone' and an iPad when travelling. My solution, which avoided any need to connect to airport WiFi etc, was to create a Photo Library on the iPad with screenshots and/or scans of everything. They uploaded seamlessly to VeriFLY, and to the various Government PLFs/Entry documentation for UK, DR and JE.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191
I only have a 'stupid phone' and an iPad when travelling. My solution, which avoided any need to connect to airport WiFi etc, was to create a Photo Library on the iPad with screenshots and/or scans of everything. They uploaded seamlessly to VeriFLY, and to the various Government PLFs/Entry documentation for UK, DR and JE.
It crossed my mind but I'm clearly a lot lazier than you are!
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by Kruisler
Very annoying. The explanatory text clearly states that PDFs are acceptable, though the upload function will only let you select image files - and then won't even upload those when proceeding to submit. Tried from within the app as well as directly via MMB on Chrome and Firefox. The only mobile browser that does seem to work for me is Microsoft Edge.
​​
Old Jan 20, 2022, 5:51 am

Submitted all documents via PDF in my files yesterday afternoon and all verified in an email received at 8am this morning. Other half did it using photos and also verified this morning. Hope that helps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.