Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2022 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by LancashireFlyer
Thank goodness planes have allocated seating. Imagine boarding and trying to find a free seat, with numerous cabin bags and rucksacks sitting proudly on empty seats whilst the owners pretend to be asleep, or looking out of the window.
Sounds like Southwest
Old Mar 19, 2022, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Sounds like Southwest
Why was I thinking about a former German colony?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84
Some people are incredibly un-self-aware. I find airports and planes exacerbate the situation.
Totally agree even when my flight landed the IFM informed all passengers to remain seated as they will be deboarding by seat number. As soon as the seatbelt sign went off almost all of the CE and a few ET passengers got up before any announcement was made. The announcement was remade and everyone sat done except for an old guy and his wife had to tell him multiple to sit down. The IFM then gave approval for all CE passengers(6 rows) to get up, at that point 3/4 of the aircraft began immediately got up. Why do people find it difficult to follow simple instructions from those in authority?
jky345 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
and everyone sat done except for an old guy and his wife had to tell him multiple to sit down.
In a few years that'll be me.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737
In a few years that'll be me.
Beat you to it
Old Mar 21, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by flybymonkey
A lady has taken up the whole sofa by lying across it. The South Lounge has been very busy with space limited, especially this morning and this has not deterred her. I have moved twice just to help accommodate disabled passengers.
Originally Posted by krispy84
Some people are incredibly un-self-aware. I find airports and planes exacerbate the situation.
Also possible that she was completely aware.
But just doesn't care about the rest of the human race!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Sounds like Southwest
or easyJet....the early years
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I did have a run-in with a Darling of UK television (according to the sycophantic press) <snip>
I happened to be flying on the day that Liverpool's second favourite female redhead entertainer kicked the bucket. I was sat just across from Lionel Richie who was achingly nice to anyone that approached him...(this was a 747 on LHR-JFK and the guy in 1A asked for a photo before we'd even pushed back!). Mid way through the flight I happened to be chatting with the crew in the front galley and asked, given the news of the day and Mr. Richie's impossibly friendly temperament, whether the rumours about a certain Ms. White were true.

One of the two said, with a wry smile, "I have flown with her several times but I'm afraid I cannot comment on those rumours because I never spoke to her myself. We always dealt with her assistant who spoke on her behalf". That was about the most diplomatic response anyone could have mustered to my question and yet answered it accurately
Old Mar 22, 2022, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
So the story is, this lady would not talk to the crew and all questions had to go through her husband. One fed up crewmember when told that they had to do this replied I know Miss ….. cannot sing but I didn’t know he couldn’t speak. 😂😂😂😂
I very much doubt this is true but I would love to believe it. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Ted Cruz's exact words to a United employee at Bozeman airport were "do you know who I am?!"

It is beyond me how anyone that says this somehow thinks it is going to get them better treatment.

https://t.co/fEIqT16zw5

Last edited by codfather; Mar 23, 2022 at 6:22 am
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:56 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Fraser
I happened to be flying on the day that Liverpool's second favourite female redhead entertainer kicked the bucket. I was sat just across from Lionel Richie who was achingly nice to anyone that approached him...(this was a 747 on LHR-JFK and the guy in 1A asked for a photo before we'd even pushed back!). Mid way through the flight I happened to be chatting with the crew in the front galley and asked, given the news of the day and Mr. Richie's impossibly friendly temperament, whether the rumours about a certain Ms. White were true.

One of the two said, with a wry smile, "I have flown with her several times but I'm afraid I cannot comment on those rumours because I never spoke to her myself. We always dealt with her assistant who spoke on her behalf". That was about the most diplomatic response anyone could have mustered to my question and yet answered it accurately
Funnily enough I flew to LAX recently and there was a couple of... more senior... cabin crew I overheard discussing an interaction with a gentleman they dubbed "the new Cilla".

So her legacy lives on in the DYKWIA world, it seems.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
They were flying First and did not listen to the check in agent tell them about the CCR.
Wait.. there is a first lounge and CCR? I thought the first lounge WAS the CCR.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
Galleries First is effectively for Gold card holders and those arriving in F on Oneworld partners (excluding AA) connecting to BA T5 departures.

CCR is for BA/AA First class ticket holders only, plus BA GGLs and AA Concerige Key members.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
That weird area between first wing security and CCR is sometimes called the first lounge, despite really just being the waiting area where goldies are watered with cheap champagne.
T8191, YacozA, Cymro and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Galleries First is effectively for Gold card holders and those arriving in F on Oneworld partners (excluding AA) connecting to BA T5 departures.

CCR is for BA/AA First class ticket holders only, plus BA GGLs and AA Concerige Key members.
Having flown into LHR on F and connected up to GLA on a number of occasions I have always been permitted to use the CCR prior to my GLA flight rather than using the Galleries F lounge. has the policy changed recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.