Search

Your 2022 BA wish list

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2022, 11:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by OpenSky
I refuse to use it.
It has saved me a boatload of time and hassle. Would you be able to expand on your viewpoint? I would be interested to understand why.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
1. For us to be able to make it to JNB in a few weeks time and again in May.
2. To be able to cancel/amend bookings without having to call the "call centre" in certain circumstances. It's not easy getting through and being on hold for hours, leads me to point number 3..........
3. Get rid of the bloomin Flower Duet.
choosethedrew, becks1 and Nephoi like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: Some
- Krug in F
- Retire all 777s and replace them with planes that don’t make it feel like you’ve been in a boxing match after a longhaul flight
- LBA to come back

More realistically:
- Return of full F dining
- A380s back on Asian routes
- KUL to come back
Berrisfo and trolleymusic like this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 12:50 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More, BA Executive Club
- To have a lot of routes from LGW, more A320s and A319s at LGW too
- Use mood-lighting on their A320/21neos (if they are actually equipped) because I find them quite "entertaining" in a way, and pleasant.
- Lower prices
- More "normal" food options in Y, instead of snacks like it was in 2021. (from the flights that I have been on)
- Free Wi-FI for basic uses
- Physical menus, or at least bring back the on-board high-life literature!
- Bring back the A321ceo, I personally prefer them to the NEOs, by a lot.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by skipness1E
More people flew INTERNATIONALLY with BA, the major US airlines and Aeroflot were much bigger even then.
You’re quote right. I think the pre-cursor to the tagline in the first ad to mention “world’s favourite airline” was that BA flies more people to more countries than any other airline.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
To pay for fast track for Gold/Silver on arrivals/departures throughout the EU so one can spend less time queuing for passport controls (thanks blue passports)!
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
My wishes are simple: (for I am a simple man)
Start flying more F-equipped planes to South America
Improve dreadful F ground experience (and transit) at LHR
Overstock food in F cabin such that everyone has a choice
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by BA6948
To pay for fast track for Gold/Silver on arrivals/departures throughout the EU so one can spend less time queuing for passport controls (thanks blue passports)!
Briefly going OT, what you mean the swelling pride of holding a cherished blue passport doesn’t more than make up for standing three times as long in line
trolleymusic likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
For selfish reasons, more flights to Europe from LGW (due to living within the LGW catchment area
and the re-opening of Gatwick South (I know it is due soon)

Substitute the constantly changing testing regulations with a "vaccine passport"
choosethedrew and AmaaiZeg like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 1:24 am

Aside from the really obvious things around safety that others have mentioned:

1. Stop cancelling all the flights I’m due to take. In many cases recently the alternative involves a late evening or early morning flight, which I can’t make without an overnight (or a complete suspension of the route). That forces me into other carriers, when I’d rather fly with BA.

2. Linked to #1 - these issues are compounded when you connect to a regional flight.

3. Better IT: both in terms of what I can do without ringing up the call centre (let me self serve! It will reduce pressure on your staff) but also basic UX design. Having a responsive interface that works on all devices is a nice aspiration but if it doesn’t actually work, or if the app simply boots you out to a clunky and unreliable web interface that’s a terrible user experience.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver, Virgin Flying Club, Delta Skymiles
1) Fix the food/service on longhaul and ensure service standards and amenities are uniform and consistent. If you are going to offer Club Kitchen then OFFER it right, not just a handful of Lindt truffles, two bag of crisps, and some half opened bottles of wine and nothing else. Dress up the space a bit with a flower or a linen napkin in the tray, just SOMETHING to not look like an empty Tesco shelf.

2) Fix IT so I don't have to call and waste my time AND BAs to do a simple fix. And fix that goddamn 1998 booking interface for Holidays - that is a massive turnoff. AA and United both had something similar up until a few years ago and even they managed to do away with it - it CAN be done.

3) Freshen the brand. It doesn't have to be a full on AA-style overhaul, but it all feels so very mid 2000s at this point, utilitarian, cobbled together and trading on (long past) glories. There is nothing sleek or luxuriant about BA, no little touches that set it out from the competition, nothing signature, zero leadership.

Flying BA feels more and more like a chore and every time I book westbound longhaul I think long and hard about the tradeoffs of flying BA, going ex-EU on a European carrier, and (recently) considering a one-stop in the US using Virgin/Delta or Virgin/Southwest. Every interaction point with BA is a point of dread rather than delight - how much are they going to charge me for this? how much time is this going to take? how much hassle and what bs excuse are they going to give me? what is going to be broken or unavailable on this trip? I can roll with the punches and accept not everything will go to plan, but at some point you say F this and get out of the ring.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
My wishes are simple: (for I am a simple man)
Start flying more F-equipped planes to South America
Improve dreadful F ground experience (and transit) at LHR
Overstock food in F cabin such that everyone has a choice
Ah yes, First class, for the "simple" person!

rb211.
Old Jan 6, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by RB211
Ah yes, First class, for the "simple" person!

rb211.
We are talking about BA F here
RB211 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by golfmad
It has saved me a boatload of time and hassle. Would you be able to expand on your viewpoint? I would be interested to understand why.
- Privacy concerns.

- Its work for me

- I refuse to support a private for profit entiry holding my data

But most importantly - I don't want it to be a part of travel permanantly now or in the future.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Bring back F to YYZ.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.