Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your 2022 BA wish list

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2022, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
- I think the food improvements and pre-order for BOB is a fair shout. I wouldn't hold out too much hope for 'healthier' options. What did you have in mind?
Something along the lines of a balanced meal, with starch, veg and protein.

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
- The 737s have never been ordered, only a letter of intent. It has probably expired, but IAG are fairly opaque about that point. If they do arrive they wont be at T5 and with Euroflyer being a separate unit, they will have to fight for investment alongside the rest of IAG opCo's - IAG placing new build aircraft of any type would be a vote of confidence in LGW.
Interesting language, 'fight for investment' (I know that's either a quote or paraphrased from IAG rather than you), I mean what is the alternative?! Leave things to decline and watch the custom walk away? Or perhaps investment is perceived as a rare and special treat that should come hard earned by cost savings rather than it being required to remain competitive? I find it a strange mentality.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:32 pm

Rolling back the 'one tray' catering in Club World & bringing back proper courses; for a long haul flight it feels like something you'd expect on a intra-european flight.

That and seat selection fees in CW!
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
1. Keep going, you’re not that awful.
2. Sort out the Customer IT interface … that IS awful.
3. Reduce the Marketing bullfeathers and focus on Delivering.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Dear OP,
I note your wish for 'Improved food quality', 'Fuller and healthier options' and 'less junk food'.
I also noted in your profile under Program Affiliations that you hold KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier' 🤣
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Bluekjp
Dear OP,
I note your wish for 'Improved food quality', 'Fuller and healthier options' and 'less junk food'.
I also noted in your profile under Program Affiliations that you hold KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier' 🤣
Bun = starch
Chicken = protein
Lettuce = vegetable

Although let’s be honest, even the BA F burger cannot hold a candle to a Zinger Tower.
KARFA, MrPrice16 and Bluekjp like this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:25 pm

My dweam is that BA reduce those appalling high fees on AVIOS awards that are at times more than the actual cost of a ticket.
choosethedrew, anniegray and JayeJ like this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
A better Gregorian year of 2022 to all of you!

British Airways - unmistakeably British*

* = Additional baggage allowance does not apply to all published revenue fares. Advance seat selection is not included or restricted. We reserve all rights to amend our in-flight service concepts and actual services rendered without any advance notice. On-board potable water service is available on request, subject to availability of stated liquid.

Rebrand accomplished.

Anyway, continuing on the original subject, in a more serious tone:
  • Make it clear what the longterm intention is for CCR access. Will it remain for all GGL members, even without 5000 TPs?
  • Restore the LHR-HEL route, which was cancelled at the onset of the pandemic. I'm stuck with no longer having saver redemptions available within Europe for an entire trip ex-HEL. Waterside, I'm counting on you! *pounds fist into table* Or not.
  • Taken that Britons still seem to flock to Lapland for seeing Santa Claus/Father Christmas/whatever you want to call the imposter of a historic Turkish chap, since at least four decades back, I'm somewhat surprised that there's no seasonal winter route LGW/LCY-RVN. IAG seems to be happy to leave the Santa Claus and Lapland experience tourism entirely to U2 and LS, as well as charter flights (mainly BY). AY did ex-LGW to KTT or RVN for one season in 2019, and it was also available as a BA codeshare, but so far ex-UK to Finnish Lapland seems to be returning without any direct Oneworld competition. It's not like I have a personal need for it, but I do like to see feasible travel business being picked up on. I mean, shouldn't everyone here be excited by one more 80 TP route?

Obviously RVN must be feasible in some sense, taken that some 15 years it was an annual Concorde charter destination. Photo lended from the newspaper Kaleva.
I have a friend who flew to Rovaniemi on a Charter flight and loved it though it was very cold there.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
1) My booked flights not to be cancelled.

2) A rethink on the flight timings on the BA short hauls from Gatwick. Some of them are rancid.

3) Masks no longer compulsory.

Made in order of liklihood.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
- Free basic wifi on board for messaging/emails
- proper Club Europe seating
- New LHR Lounges
- Lifetime Silver
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
As it never materialised from the recent IT upgrade, I would like a giant Toblerone given to every passenger in addition to their hand baggage allowance.

I would also like seat back screens, preferably working ones, in SH.

Finally, I would like organised boarding to be a thing.

I'm fairly confident I will get 2 out of 3 of those.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Sounds like since I last flew long haul, the experienced crew have left and the food quality and service have been downgraded

I remember when it was amazing to fly J ; wine top ups and quality service in courses from a trolly

Will BA ever get back in the game at this level ?
Ramos likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: Executive Club
That BA answers the phone within 5 minutes and that they start to pay their staff decent salaries again, even if this means hiking up the fares.
Keystone, konagirl2 and Ramos like this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Just Eat Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by JessicaB
That BA answers the phone within 5 minutes and that they start to pay their staff decent salaries again, even if this means hiking up the fares.
I'm fairly confident one of those three things will happen.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
F Avios availability on flights to/from the US on the regular.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Daytime flights back JFK-LHR - it comes back after the winter allegedly .

Virgin kept their day time flights throughout

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.