Wiki Posts
Search

Have BA given up on Dominican Republic?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold
Have BA given up on Dominican Republic?

Had a 7 night holiday with BA to PUJ in August 2022. Received an email today saying your flights are cancelled. Thought I'll get another email tomorrow saying your dates are changed with a 5 night option. To my surprise an email came a few hours later stating BA will no longer be operating services to your chosen destination therefore a full refund will be coming back in 14 days. I've since checked BA and you cannot book a holiday to PUJ for any dates in August.

Have BA actually cancelled PUJ altogether as a destination? Holiday number 9 cancelled since COVID!
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC
There are still flights from LGW to PUJ next summer, albeit via Antigua now.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Had similar for October 22 this morning. They do still operate to PUJ but its on a new number, twice weekly instead of thrice and now goes via Antigua.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
An interesting and inconvenient routing!

We're off to PUJ next month (direct from LGW) but future trips might be with AA via Florida.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Our flights to and from Punta Cana next April/May have also been canceled.

Rebooked on a direct flight LGW-PUJ in April, but a non-direct return flight PUJ-ANU-LGW in May. Slightly inconvenient, but not too bad I guess.

They removed our paid CW seat choices, though. And there's no way to reserve seats on the new flight. I guess imma have to call for a refund for these seats, then.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
PUJ flights until the new season's schedule will remain untouched, I suppose?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
It looks like the schedule remains thrice a week direct from LGW until Sunday April 24.
From Monday April 25, it has changed to twice a week via Antigua.

And our trip had/has one leg in each schedule.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by RTheys
It looks like the schedule remains thrice a week direct from LGW until Sunday April 24.
From Monday April 25, it has changed to twice a week via Antigua.

And our trip had/has one leg in each schedule.
Makes sense due to the late Easter next year
Old Dec 16, 2021, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Looks like this is just for the summer. W22 flights are back to thrice weekly direct (from 1st November)
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:56 am

BA to Punta Cana

I am supposed to be flying to Punta Cana on 8th November with BA from Gatwick direct.
Worryingly looking at the flight not many seats are booked up!
Am wondering if they are going to cancel this years direct flights as they did with so many of you last year - even without Covid as an excuse!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
ISTR that PUJ is again direct. It was direct in Jan 22! I suspect people are being cost-sensitive!
We look forward to returning!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Walsh60G
I am supposed to be flying to Punta Cana on 8th November with BA from Gatwick direct.
Worryingly looking at the flight not many seats are booked up!
Am wondering if they are going to cancel this years direct flights as they did with so many of you last year - even without Covid as an excuse!
It's not a guarantee flight is not full. I was on a Mex flight in April and until 8 days out it was about 15 percent booked in club and WTP in terms of seats. It went out absolutely rammed. Only gold and silver get free seat reservations so many people may have seats and not reserved specific ones yet.

COVID aside, most businesses would can a route if the demand was really really low
​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.