Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 14, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: 1Aturnleft
BA plan to resume or start flights to the destinations below from the dates shown (Summer 2023)

Alicante - from 29th March
Amsterdam - from 29th March
Antalya - from 2nd April
Athens - from 4th May
Bari - from 3rd April
Berlin - from 7th May
Bordeaux - from 16th May
Cagliari - from 24th May
Catania - from 31st March
Dalaman - from 23rd April
Dubrovnik - from 4th April
Faro - from 30th March
Gran Canaria - from 2nd April
Heraklion - from 24th April
Ibiza - from 3rd May
Kos - from 24th April
Lanzarote - from 30th March
Larnaca - from 29th March
Madrid - from 16th May
Malaga - from 7th April
Malta - from 14th April
Marrakesh - from 31st March
Menorca - from 16th May
Nice - from 31st March
Milan (MXP) - from 4th May
Palma - from 7th May
Paphos - from 29th March
Rhodes - from 28th April
Santorini - from 15th April
Seville - from 15th April
Tenerife - from 29th March
Thessaloniki - from 14th April
Turin - from 4th April
Venice - from 26th April
Verona - from 16th April

Print Wikipost

BA Euroflyer - ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick - launching 29th Mar 2022

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by vectismanpaul
On the plus side South Terminal will definitely need to be operation to cope with increased demand.
IAG airlines will want to be back in their South Terminal home as will others.
Rumours say plans are underway for a staggered re-opening in 2022.
Do you think that once they go back, they will stay there? (short of another global collapse, in which case they are toast!)

I ask as my W22 flight says North - I assume they just copied the timetable and that it will change to S in due course. However, I did wonder if there would be any benefit for Gatwick AND the airlines to consolidate operations in winter.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Annoyingly, some of those lgw flights now seem to replace some lhr frequencies in the summer season so ba has moved my santorini flight from lhr to lgw. No thank you.

thankfully I believe done frequencies are remaining lhr or Lcy so will change dates to get the airports I want (I prefer that)
This seems to be case for DLM too, cut in LHR frequency, but still flights from both LHR and LGW.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
'Do you think that once they go back, they will stay there? (short of another global collapse, in which case they are toast!)

I ask as my W22 flight says North - I assume they just copied the timetable and that it will change to S in due course. However, I did wonder if there would be any benefit for Gatwick AND the airlines to consolidate operations in winter.'

Hopefully by Winter 2022 things will be even more 'normal'. Gatwick has always needed both its terminals before recent events in the winter.
As you mention the timetable will be updated as time goes on. At the moment it is mainly a paste of the current winter schedule.

Last edited by vectismanpaul; Dec 23, 2021 at 7:09 am
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
The LGW 3-class fleet seems well suited to BKK and if they were going to operate routes like DOH from LGW, I see no reason BKK could not be there. It would fit with the rest of the network quite well. Is BKK a JV route with QR?
Depends how quickly the world opens up, with demand still high and entry options still lowish, it could do really well at LHR. Any higher yield business traffic may well stay at LHR and use TG rather than trek to Gatters, that's always been the issue in the past. For the Beach Fleet it's really a duopoly with another UK carrier (Virgin) with some TUI thrown in, for BKK there's another network legacy scheduled carrier at LHR flying new and up to date equipment twice daily in BAU times. Although a ten abreast low C option may well do very well at LGW as well. "Oh COVID crystal ball....."

Last edited by skipness1E; Dec 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:15 am

annoyingly my booked flight on 23rd march goes from heathrow,, but the return goes into gatwick. Would BA stand cost of transfer to heathrow where my car will be parked, or do i cancel(holiday booking so only deposit payed, apart from seat res with avios
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Stephen Harwood
annoyingly my booked flight on 23rd march goes from heathrow,, but the return goes into gatwick. Would BA stand cost of transfer to heathrow where my car will be parked, or do i cancel(holiday booking so only deposit payed, apart from seat res with avios
My understanding is that officially no but that it would be hard for them to resist an U.K./EU261 claim. I would take the coach though.

Could you move your trip a few days earlier? You must be right on the cusp of missing the last Heathrow return as Gatwick routes don’t start until 29 March.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
My understanding is that officially no but that it would be hard for them to resist an U.K./EU261 claim. I would take the coach though.

Could you move your trip a few days earlier? You must be right on the cusp of missing the last Heathrow return as Gatwick routes don’t start until 29 March.
that is what i find annoying flying out on the 24th and back on 31st, also have hotel/parking booked, but that is fully refundable. Also with being a holiday booking no way to amend online so need to spend forever on a phone, might just be easier to rebook and get deposit refunded
Old Dec 31, 2021, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BA will end flights to Bilbao on 25th March 2022 and the route will not be taken on by BA Euroflyer.

After that, Vueling will fly Gatwick to Bilbao and BACF London City to San Sebastian (July/Aug). The destination was launched in 2015, double daily from Heathrow, before moving to Gatwick in 2019. It then reverted back to Heathrow in 2020.
TedToToe likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
BA will end flights to Bilbao on 25th March 2022 and the route will not be taken on by BA Euroflyer.

After that, Vueling will fly Gatwick to Bilbao and BACF London City to San Sebastian (July/Aug). The destination was launched in 2015, double daily from Heathrow, before moving to Gatwick in 2019. It then reverted back to Heathrow in 2020.
There are not the most generous customer guidelines at: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...policies/askba

British Airways has announced the suspension of services between London Gatwick (LGW) and Bilbao (BIO) for Summer 22.

The following guidelinesare available to assist our ticketed customers booked to travel after this date.

More informationAdvice for British Airways-125 ticketed customers whose BA flight is CANCELLED

Route affected

LGW - BIO

Tickets issued by

30 December 2021

Ticket travel dates

29 March 2022 – 31 October 2022

New travel dates

+/- 2 days of the original departure date

Rebooking allowance on Vueling (VY)

Rebook onto BA*VY services between London Gatwick (LGW) and Bilbao (BIO) or v.v.

Rebooking should be done on BA*VY for the impacted period with passengers rebooked into the same class as original or if not available the lowest class, +/- 2 daysof original departure date. Note - VY does not offer a Business Class cabin.

Must add:

OS VY INVOL REROUTE DUE ROUTE SUSPENSION PER VY/BA AGREEMENT

OS VY PSGR or Agents Telephone Number

Available for Trade

Yes

Available for Redemptions

Yes

Important Information
  • Advise customers that schedules are subject to change at any time, we recommend they keep checking the operating carrier’s latest flight status and also add their contact details through the operating carriers Manage My Booking
  • one ticket change allowed from the above options
  • If changing both outbound and return sectors, travel must be completed by dates specified
  • For rebook onto BA or refund options - Use standard Conditions of Carriage > BA Flights and latest Principal COVID-19 guideline
  • Adherence to commercial policies/conditions of carriage guidelines remains entirely the responsibility of the user. BA reserves the right to withdraw guidelines at any time
Old Jan 7, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Anyone heard anything more about the re-opening of the south terminal. We have Malta flights in early April, which have just been moved from LHR back to LGW. BA website and MMB say Terminal S, but the all the airport and parking websites say is that everything is operating from North terminal - with no guidance on when that might change.

Just trying to book the most suitable car park and hotel - although I realise it is not a big issue and that inter-terminal transfer is straightforward.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Anyone heard anything more about the re-opening of the south terminal. We have Malta flights in early April, which have just been moved from LHR back to LGW. BA website and MMB say Terminal S, but the all the airport and parking websites say is that everything is operating from North terminal - with no guidance on when that might change.

Just trying to book the most suitable car park and hotel - although I realise it is not a big issue and that inter-terminal transfer is straightforward.
Official Gatwick parking offers free cancellation until 24 hours in advance so you could book both? Granted it means loaning GAL the price of the parking until they make their mind up but if you want to get the price locked in might be worth considering?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Are Malta flights back on sale? My April MLA booking just got cancelled a few weeks ago, no alternatives offered and when I looked there was nothing for sale.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:56 am

Looks like it - from 30 March, then 3-4 per week in April.

I just see it slipping to the right and there being a panic switch back to LHR or, at the very least, a shambles at LGW.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
Official Gatwick parking offers free cancellation until 24 hours in advance so you could book both? Granted it means loaning GAL the price of the parking until they make their mind up but if you want to get the price locked in might be worth considering?
Yes, thanks, seen that. We did that at both LHR and LGW when it was all up in the air but you might be right - any views on Hilton vs Hampton?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by vintagepilot
Looks like it - from 30 March, then 3-4 per week in April.

I just see it slipping to the right and there being a panic switch back to LHR or, at the very least, a shambles at LGW.
Thanks, I'll take a look later see what I can work out. I fear my quick Easter weekend trip might be off now though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.