Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAH - voucher declined

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OGG flyer
just a quick update: after talking to Mrs Ogg Flyer who said I "panicked" and that we should go, I went the route of "uncancelling" the trip while there was still time and "no damage was done"

Boy I am glad I did. We have been in Florida for the last 8 days and I feel far "safer" here than in UK, plus we have had an absolutely amazing time here (I do not even mention the weather here which is beyond fantastic).
Not only I have "uncancelled" but I went all the way and extended our trip well into New Year.

Lesson learned: do not panic, no knee jerk reactions hopefully in the future!
well there is that, and the fact you would never win your small claims court / amex charge back - so its either go or loose money.

Glad you had a good time
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:01 am

Deleted, wrong thread - my apologies.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Dec 21, 2021 at 4:11 am
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:05 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
This thread has left me more confused than ever about FTVs.

I feel unusually nervous about messing up an attempt to extend a BA companion voucher due to expire in early January.

Typically, I use a companion voucher to travel abroad - usually a return or a multi-city option. This means departing from the UK (prior to the new CV BA Card rule from September 2021).

Some questions, please? I'd appreciate it if anyone could help.

If I book a LHR to Manchester single trip for my husband and me - then cancel - it will save the companion voucher?

It doesn't have to be a return I book now? Can I then use a FTV and my companion voucher globally (return) until 2023?

Once I book online, how long do I have to wait to cancel? Do I cancel online? The FTV scheme is still in operation?

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread. I received no answer when posting elsewhere.
This thread is about British Airways Holiday bookings - not your situation.

Your general approach is correct - book your CV MAN-LHR flights then request an FTV online....it is then held in a wrapper until 2023...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.