Search

BA Holidays booking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive club
BA Holidays booking

Hi everyone. I’m after some advice….

I have an upcoming BA holidays booking. The outbound flight was cancelled, and due to this we agreed to shorten the length of the trip and rescheduled.

Originally, we only had a hotel booked for 3 nights. We now want to book a hotel for the other 3 nights, 6 in total.

I have since checked the hotel we have booked, and it will be closed when we travel.

so a couple of questions…..

1. Will BAH rebook us into an equivalent hotel / room category for no additional cost? (Because our hotel is closed)
2. If we add on the extra nights, staying 6 in total, for the entire length of the trip, then will we qualify for the double tier points offer? This was booked as a holiday, and as far as I can see this should now meet the t&c’s?

I just want to know my options before calling up so I don’t end up out of pocket!

Thanks in advance everyone :-)
Old Nov 13, 2021, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Chrisnichols

1. Will BAH rebook us into an equivalent hotel / room category for no additional cost? (Because our hotel is closed)
2. If we add on the extra nights, staying 6 in total, for the entire length of the trip, then will we qualify for the double tier points offer? This was booked as a holiday, and as far as I can see this should now meet the t&c’s?
1. Yes and they are usually fairly decent at it.
2. No as for the offer to apply the whole eligible itinerary needs to be booked from the start (have a look at the thread on the promotion which has a lot of complaints from people who booked then added hotel and have been refused the promotion). Here, because your initial booking was not eligible (only 3 nights) adding further nights should not make you eligible. However, you could also, if you wish, cancel the itinerary (given the hotel cancellation that should be eligible for a refund in cash I believe) and make a new booking for what you want for the 6 nights which would then be eligible, but this may of course be more expensive.
Chrisnichols likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive club
Originally Posted by orbitmic
1. Yes and they are usually fairly decent at it.
2. No as for the offer to apply the whole eligible itinerary needs to be booked from the start (have a look at the thread on the promotion which has a lot of complaints from people who booked then added hotel and have been refused the promotion). Here, because your initial booking was not eligible (only 3 nights) adding further nights should not make you eligible. However, you could also, if you wish, cancel the itinerary (given the hotel cancellation that should be eligible for a refund in cash I believe) and make a new booking for what you want for the 6 nights which would then be eligible, but this may of course be more expensive.

thanks orbitmic - I thought it might have been a bit optimistic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.