Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD First Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Unless you're arriving into ORD T1-3 by air, I'm not sure you'd be able to access the ORD AA T3 lounges with a T5 boarding pass.

If you do happen to be airside ORD T1-3, then there used to be a one-way airside shuttle bus T3 to T5 for AA to BA pax. Not sure if that's still available.
Ouch, thank you for the information. With a 9.15pm flight I'm going to have to find somewhere nicer to burn some time in ORD...!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

I think you should be able to use the ord t5 bp to access t3 as there are not any tsa restrictions on accessing a different terminal with s boarding padd iirc
likewise I think the airside t3 to t5 bus is running but msy not be that frequent ( I think there used to be a gap mud afternoon a whole back)

Regards
tbs
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:40 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

I think you should be able to use the ord t5 bp to access t3 as there are not any tsa restrictions on accessing a different terminal with s boarding padd iirc
Correct - just scan the B/Pass and don't ask TSA for permission
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
It looks like the Terminal Transfer Bus (TTB) service for airside transfers between T5 and T1/T3 has been temporarily suspended.

https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/Ser...Pages/tbt.aspx
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:36 am

Hi. OWE Emerald (via AA) flying BA WTC+ ORD LHR. Does BA allow access to the lounge? Never been able to access it when flying AY. Do they still board from the lounge like I’ve heard happened in the past? Is First class lounge open or is it still combined with business lounge ?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by London Dude
It looks like the Terminal Transfer Bus (TTB) service for airside transfers between T5 and T1/T3 has been temporarily suspended.

the T3 to T5 airport transit is pretty quick tbh. Less than 5 mins although not 100% on frequency.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by gateH15
Hi. OWE Emerald (via AA) flying BA WTC+ ORD LHR. Does BA allow access to the lounge? Never been able to access it when flying AY. Do they still board from the lounge like I’ve heard happened in the past? Is First class lounge open or is it still combined with business lounge ?
BA First class lounge is closed and so is boarding from the lounge.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gateH15
You'll be able to access the Terraces lounge; the First lounge is permanently closed (and the Terraces lounge will be going the same way when BA move to T3).
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by London Dude

There are rumors that airside bussing will restart soon (but not soon enough for ocprodigy to use it this Saturday!)
ORD T1, T2, T3 to T5 busing being looked at for connecting pax

Originally Posted by gliderpilot
the T3 to T5 airport transit is pretty quick tbh. Less than 5 mins although not 100% on frequency.
Yes it’s very quick and efficient if you don’t mind re-clearing security. You shouldn’t need to wait more than a few minutes for a train. Be sure to board one going in the correct direction (T5 / MMF).
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Genius1
You'll be able to access the Terraces lounge; the First lounge is permanently closed (and the Terraces lounge will be going the same way when BA move to T3).
Any word on when BA is moving from T3 to T5?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by BXK_Oz
Any word on when BA is moving from T3 to T5?
Post 83 in the ORD T5 thread over in the US-MidWest forum

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33979550-post83.html

Looks like QR moves first (next month ??) and BA sometime in 2022.
BXK_Oz likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Post 83 in the ORD T5 thread over in the US-MidWest forum

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33979550-post83.html

Looks like QR moves first (next month ??) and BA sometime in 2022.
I am flying into ORD middle of December on AA, then transfer to BA to LHR. Would be great if the move happened by then. If not, hopefully the TTB will be running again.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:18 pm

I am flying into ORD middle of December on AA, then transfer to BA to LHR. Would be great if the move happened by then. If not, hopefully the TTB will be running again.
My hopes are that either BA opens both Club and First lounges and dining in T3 or BA partners with AA in the Flagship Lounge and BA First passengers get something like Flagship First Dining. I have no information to support this, just expressing what I hope happens.

As to the TTB, the same poster (as in my previous link) opined that it may be operation in the next 30 - 45 days.
BXK_Oz likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
My hopes are that either BA opens both Club and First lounges and dining in T3 or BA partners with AA in the Flagship Lounge and BA First passengers get something like Flagship First Dining. I have no information to support this, just expressing what I hope happens.
As to the TTB, the same poster (as in my previous link) opined that it may be operation in the next 30 - 45 days.
I am following that thread. Not a young man anymore and would like things to go as easy as possible. Last time at ORD was 40 years ago.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 9:12 am

I am following that thread. Not a young man anymore and would like things to go as easy as possible. Last time at ORD was 40 years ago.
I am in the same situation as you. Leisurely strolls through airports and relatively stress free connections are of good value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.