Community
Wiki Posts
Search

API data on bookings

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
It's happened to me a couple of times as well. US citizen and MMB loses the information. It's happened once heading to the US and once heading to DXB so I'm assuming it's a BA IT glitch (feature?). I've been able to fix it by checking before check in opens and putting my data in if it's not there and things move right along. This doesn't count getting SSSS from the TSA.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Weary Nomad
Same issue here for a flight to Boston later on in November and we have valid ESTAs. Have tried on several occasions over several days to complete the API information requested and the fields show up as blank apart from the hotel address section which is correct. I know I had completed this before and it had previously registered ok. When the information is updated and submitted, the response says information complete but when you sign in again is says incomplete and the fields blank. I've sent BA a message and waiting to hear back from them. Interestingly when I later checked via the mobile app, the headline says API information incomplete but the fields below say completed. Just another level of travel stress that one could do without right now, but glad its not just me
Just an update. What ever the issue was seems to have been resolved now and the API says and shows information complete. Fingers crossed it continues to behave
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Weary Nomad
Just an update. What ever the issue was seems to have been resolved now and the API says and shows information complete. Fingers crossed it continues to behave
Yes, sorted for me as well.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Also happening to me. For me, the problematic fields are the intended US address fields specifically.

The intended address in the US was never a field that was required (or even available) for me to complete in the past, presumably due to being a US citizen and having my US passport data entered in the booking. Now, the address fields are showing up on my bookings (which previously had API complete), and says the US address is required.

Interesting. I wonder if it is required.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Also happening to me. For me, the problematic fields are the intended US address fields specifically.

The intended address in the US was never a field that was required (or even available) for me to complete in the past, presumably due to being a US citizen and having my US passport data entered in the booking. Now, the address fields are showing up on my bookings (which previously had API complete), and says the US address is required.

Interesting. I wonder if it is required.
Ive always filled in that field even though it’s not required for me as a green card holder. I did check yesterday and the issue is resolved for me and I show up as all info provided.

whilst the issue was present, I did check MMB in the mobile app and all my info was indeed there and it did show the US address field as not required.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Successfully ground through API again. UK citizen/passport. US Address was always needed for us, I'm sure. Secondary Contact seems new, but it's so long since I did this for a US trip I may have forgotten!

Now to see if it sticks!
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by T8191
Secondary Contact seems new, but it's so long since I did this for a US trip I may have forgotten!
There are three new sections there, which weren't there last week.
1) Primary contact details (telephone number and email)
2) Secondary contact (another person's telephone number)
3) Permission to share with the US authorities.

This is in line with the revised Presidential Proclamation, where enhanced contact tracing was a feature of the new arrangements from Monday 8 November. It doesn't actally say this, but if you don't tick that third box then you won't be travelling, so doubtless that may need explaining at check-in if someone hasn't done this. But this explains the problems a few days ago when presumably they were working on changes to this screen.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by T8191
Me Too! Had completed API a week or so ago, now flagged as Red. All my Passport Info had gone, although the rest was still there. Reloaded data, submitted OK, returned to MMB and … flagged again! I have 4 months before travel, so relaxed.

However, also tried to change seat assignments … and that’s broken again! Bloody ba.com. ⁉️

Have had something similar in the past - it might be worth interesting checking via the iWife account and see what that says.

I kept getting the incomplete message, and when I went to, whatever it says, 'view/check details' it was always blank, but hers was complete. Checking through her account, it was the other way round - hers blank, and mine complete. We just put it down to IT - but after the current 'outage' it wall all be perfect, right?
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by vintagepilot; Nov 15, 2021 at 5:46 am
Old Nov 22, 2021, 1:00 pm

I have called BA several times surrounding this issue, one told me that this problem is basically universal, but people can just go to the airport to have their info verified. In early Nov they already said they are fixing this issue and stuff like that, but no progress has been made, at least I do not see any. However, one thing to say is that BA might have your details even if there are sections missing in the APIS summary. I don't know if it's due to me adding the information through AY (since AY is codesharing with my flight), but they say they have all my information completed. I previously input my visa number and US address, but they disappeared one day and I couldn't added them back again because it would only show an error. However, if you filled in your information before the error, you might want to check by calling the agents, they might be able to tell you if you had all your info completed.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold, Marriott Platinum
I am flying to Miami on the 25th and also having issues with API submission. It pulls all my pre-saved details from Exec Account and when adding US address and secondary contact details, ticking boxes then trying to save it says 'We have found some problems with the details you have provided' but having re-entered all multiple times there is no clear reason why it's not accepting it. Oddly a travel companion without pre-completed API data in exec account has submitted exactly the same details no problems. I assume will have to just resolve at airport check in?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: BA GGL
I can't input API either, and I can't use Vverifly. No doubt all will be sortable at LHR, but it does make me a little nervous in these uncertain times.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The API may well be entered - MMB can report errors when none exist. You can call BA to see if they think API is in there. I'm trying to work out how that links to VeriFLY but I'm guessing that's a separate question. So long as the PNR and names match, you should be able to insert the COVID restrictions (which are separate from the DHS requirements). But yes, you can't avoid a desk visit in LHR if flying to the USA since they want a passport scan, so having to show all paperwork should only take an extra minute or two, provided you have everything ready.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gfl, GGL
This is happening to me again on all my flights from the US to the UK. Annoying but it is what it is, will sort at the airport. Bizarrely, my son, who is an infant is the only passenger for whom the system is showing completed info.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Still happening to me. Has it prevented folks from OLCI. Only us contact info is in question

BA says the info is there (and it is when I check) so I will be able to go OLCI. But I am still concerned.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
BA says the info is there (and it is when I check) so I will be able to go OLCI. But I am still concerned.
Yes, lots of people have mentioned that over recent months, but they all seem ok for OLCI. Some people have found it works better on the App than the website, others say the reverse, but there aren't many people who miss their flights as a result of this.
beachfan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.