Wiki Posts
Search

I fly BA because.....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2021, 7:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

I fly BA because.....

I've been using them since their BEA Renfrew days and can't say they've let me down enough to say 'never again'.

How about you?

Old Oct 9, 2021, 8:39 pm

I'm one of the weird folks who actually likes the yin-yang style business class.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:23 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I'm one of the weird folks who actually likes the yin-yang style business class.
I actually do as well - I find the seat very comfortable, although a little too close to the neighbours if not travelling with someone.

Why flying BA? I have always found them very reliable in general, and the crew are most of the times great.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
GGLFL so always well looked after even when something goes wrong (as they often do these days). Good schedule. Usually great crew. Love the CCR. Avios can work out well …
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Started flying BA again when the LAS route opened up. Used to fly Virgin Atlantic for my sins.

Still fly BA now for a number of reasons.

Some emotional attachment. My first ever job was at BA. I joined BA just after privatisation and worked there for 6 years or so. Loved it and still keep in touch with old friends who's still work there.

BAEC . Great scheme.

AA alliance

CCR

Finally the people who work for BA who we interact with. Generally 99% great.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 12:41 am

BAEC is the only program whose GGL jokers unlock redemptions on my last-minute hastily-conjured trips!
Seat 1K, yellow_peril and zen100 like this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
They're not Ryanair!
Old Oct 10, 2021, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Because when I do, their price and/or schedule best suits my needs, plus Avios and 241s
Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
coz they are the only airline with a direct flight from krk to lhr
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:56 am

Primarily because with BA Hols I can throw down a deposit on a trip rather than paying thousands up front for a flight 6 months + later.

On top of that, J fares ex DUB where I’m based are usually excellent, there’s plenty of flights and the extra avios for Gold really stack up
Old Oct 10, 2021, 3:58 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
The price difference between them and LCC are minimal these days (for the routes I fly anyway) and what you get for paying extra is a bargain in comparison. Then there's the whole BAEC business and (again only in my experience) decent customer services when things go wrong. I love 'em!
Old Oct 10, 2021, 4:00 am

HIDDY
My first ever flight was in a RAF Anson out of Renfrew in 1958.
I did fly in a BEA Dakota later over to Turnhouse.
All a long time ago.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Exec
Heathrow is my local airport, service generally good , good frequent flyer programme , good list of destinations and frequencies (well, the latter under normal circumstances).

Generally easy to upgrade via a variety of methods.

I’ve flown low cost and other full-service airlines and in general I’ve found BA aren’t any worse and in some cases much better. The only exception is some of the Middle Eastern and south East Asian airlines.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 4:44 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I actually do as well - I find the seat very comfortable, although a little too close to the neighbours if not travelling with someone.

Why flying BA? I have always found them very reliable in general, and the crew are most of the times great.
You've said it Sweetheart - that is exactly why I do - but there is more. The crews are the constellation in BA's crown. I watched them coming back from ALC the other day of that there is no question. However, there is one supreme reason which is why I am also an AA fan as well despite what one reads here.

When things go wrong - they sort them. They try and help and put things right. I have never had a problem to which they have not helped. Cancelled flights - this is pre-covid - they rebook what you want rather than what suits them, Every airline that is run by human beings will go wrong and will make mistakes - it is how they try to recover from that which matters most to me.

I can fly point to point without stop-overs. I am not so fussed if this is a seat that turns into a bed as I sleep in any position and Him Indoors is dead to the world wherever he is. I do not mind Ying-Yang as long as he is opposite and even then I have had some lovely people opposite me.

I can honestly think of one BA flight as a passenger where the CSD or whatever he was had clearly graduated from the Faculty of Rudeness at the University of High Handedness.

One of the best reasons is no more - Can I help you has left BA and now there is no one who will shuffle off to the galley to get me a G&T when I snap my fingers. His like are irreplaceable but they are at least trying to do their best.
Old Oct 10, 2021, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I was banned from all the others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.