Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Part pay with Avios offer - this weekend only [to midnight Mon 23 Aug '21]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Part pay with Avios offer - this weekend only [to midnight Mon 23 Aug '21]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I just cancelled a Jersey booking and received an e-voucher for the full cash value of the ticket. All worked exactly as expected.

It may well be that if BA have themselves cancelled the flights a different refund process comes into play, where exactly what was taken for the ticket is refunded if the refund option is selected.

Moral of the story: make sure to cancel before BA manages to do so ?!
H2L likes this.

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Aug 26, 2021 at 2:47 am
Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
We not done anything yet! We were obviously originally going to cash the booking into a voucher anyhow, as it was using the generous Avios offer to convert to cash. But we noticed one option offered online was to change the booking for new flights and receive a £90 refund. We couldn’t then process that anyhow as the website thru an error and said call in!
OK. So I decided to make one extra click...

If you go the refund route for a cancelled LGW flight, you will get your Avios + the original cash amount back. So no advantage.

I'm guessing, therefore, that you tried to change to much cheaper flight(s), in which case you would indeed get a "refund", but in the form of another voucher. Probably simpler to get a full voucher and go from there...
Old Aug 26, 2021, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
OK. So I decided to make one extra click...

If you go the refund route for a cancelled LGW flight, you will get your Avios + the original cash amount back. So no advantage.

I'm guessing, therefore, that you tried to change to much cheaper flight(s), in which case you would indeed get a "refund", but in the form of another voucher. Probably simpler to get a full voucher and go from there...
When you did that extra click, were you tied in? Or could you see the refund being offered and not accept?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
When you did that extra click, were you tied in? Or could you see the refund being offered and not accept?
It told me what my refund would be but still required some additional information and a confirmation click.

Later in the day I just ordered a voucher and it arrived for the expected, full amount. I was going to wait, but I figured if BA wanted to cancel my flights I might as well do the same without wasting time moving over to the LHR alternative offered.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
I bought two sets of return flights under this promotion burning 10000 avios on each both of which I cancelled the following day getting eVouchers within 10 mins. I spent £462 plus 20k avios and got back £862 in credit.

I emailed BaHolidays that same day asking them to offset both of the eVouchers against a current BAH booking that's due to be paid next week and I am please to report that the balance outstanding was today reduced by the £862.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 6:06 am

So with today's sale having been announced, some of the CE prices are now less than they were for last week. If I re-date the flights for cheaper flights, will I get a refund of the fare difference? Has anyone tried that?

I guess I could take a voucher and rebook, and be left with a residual voucher value.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I bought two sets of return flights under this promotion burning 10000 avios on each both of which I cancelled the following day getting eVouchers within 10 mins. I spent £462 plus 20k avios and got back £862 in credit.

I emailed BaHolidays that same day asking them to offset both of the eVouchers against a current BAH booking that's due to be paid next week and I am please to report that the balance outstanding was today reduced by the £862.
Nice! Which email did you use? I’ve had no luck on live chat with them.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob

I was told the vouchers has to be requested before the BAH was booked. I was unable to offset new vouchers against an existing trip....
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by SirAlfonso
Nice! Which email did you use? I’ve had no luck on live chat with them.
I used [email protected]

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
I was told the vouchers has to be requested before the BAH was booked. I was unable to offset new vouchers against an existing trip....
That apparently is the rule however I have never had a problem previously in asking for the same. I just request that the credit for whatever PNR is fully used to pay down the holiday. I have done it half a dozen times.
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 9:37 am

So there should be no issues in using these eVouchers towards a further BAH booking?
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
So there should be no issues in using these eVouchers towards a further BAH booking?
Thats my understanding. I booked another BAH trip when they extended the double TP into March 22. As such I can use the backlog of e-vouchers to pay it down

Apparently 4 max
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 10:34 am

Thats my understanding. I booked another BAH trip when they extended the double TP into March 22. As such I can use the backlog of e-vouchers to pay it down

Apparently 4 max
If you have more than 4. You could use 4 to book a flight and then cancel for 1 new voucher.
sunshinebob and Rim1 like this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 1:13 am

Apparently 4 max
Pleased to hear! Maybe it’s time I take a look at BAH...
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pazza2000

Apparently 4 max
I am tempted to put down a £60 deposit for a short-haul TP run (Flight + Car probably) using the proceeds of one JER-LHR voucher.

Presumably I can then cancel at any time for my £60 back as a voucher? With or without having paid the balance?
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by zen100
So with today's sale having been announced, some of the CE prices are now less than they were for last week. If I re-date the flights for cheaper flights, will I get a refund of the fare difference? Has anyone tried that?

I guess I could take a voucher and rebook, and be left with a residual voucher value.
Yes, I did this in the Olympic sale - requested a FTV, which came through as an e-voucher in 5-10 minutes, then used that against the new booking and gott another e-voucher for the balance.
zen100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.