FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Part pay with Avios offer - this weekend only [to midnight Mon 23 Aug '21] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2050215-part-pay-avios-offer-weekend-only-midnight-mon-23-aug-21-a.html)

ratechaser Aug 20, 2021 4:38 am

Part pay with Avios offer - this weekend only [to midnight Mon 23 Aug '21]

Snip from an email just received... effectively giving 2p/Avio value, although only up to a max £100 per flight:

Book before midnight Monday 23 August 2021 to take advantage of various savings options on one-way and return flights in any cabin. These range from exchanging 250 Avios for £5 off per person on a one-way or return flight, up to a maximum of 5,000 Avios to save £100 on a return flight. So, whether you’ve been collecting for a while, or only just started, there's a saving here for you.

mikeyfly Aug 20, 2021 5:08 am

Many thanks indeed! Just cancelled and rebooked a flight for Oct where I've now saved £200 for 10,000 rather than :

Avios debited

Saving

GBP 74.00

ringingup Aug 20, 2021 5:14 am

This is pretty good value. Sadly I don't think I'm in a position to book anything at the moment!

laktex Aug 20, 2021 5:14 am

Just booked PE to Vancouver for two and upgraded to Club for 60,000 Avios which I thought was decent value.

mikeyfly Aug 20, 2021 5:19 am

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 33505721)
This is pretty good value. Sadly I don't think I'm in a position to book anything at the moment!

Remember you can book somewhere super cheap that you suspect may be cancelled... reduce it by £100 per person, then shunt onwards to the future when it would have been more expensive :idea:

ringingup Aug 20, 2021 5:32 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 33505728)
Remember you can book somewhere super cheap that you suspect may be cancelled... reduce it by £100 per person, then shunt onwards to the future when it would have been more expensive :idea:

True.

How would it work in case of the flights being cancelled? Would they refund the cash and Avios parts or just the equivalent cash price?

ringingup Aug 20, 2021 5:38 am

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 33505749)

How would it work in case of the flights being cancelled? Would they refund the cash and Avios parts or just the equivalent cash price?

I think I can answer my own question.

1. When Avios have been used as part payment, the Avios will be refundable only where the fare is refundable. Partial refunds of fare and surcharges will be credited to your Avios account up to the value of the original part payment, with any remainder credited to your original method of payment together with government taxes.

The Geek Aug 20, 2021 5:39 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 33505728)

Alternatively, if you are Avios & time rich, and have a £550+ ticket you need to book in the near future, then make 4x short haul economy bookings where the fare is £100 + Taxes. { EG Spain £37.33 taxes + £100 }

Voucher them all in a couple of days, and use the vouchers for the more expensive ticket. ;) { This assumes eVouchers which seem to always come on single person / first cancellation bookings these days. }

antipest Aug 20, 2021 5:43 am

Has anyone else received this only for it to vanish??

Just had a email come through on to my Apple watch from BA saying "Your Avios could be upto 4x only for this weekend" blah, blah, blah. When I went to look on Mac, phone etc there was no email, just like it had been sent out and then virtually immediately recalled.......

Anyone else seen this fleeting, withdrawn offer???

Ta

M.

allycat53 Aug 20, 2021 5:47 am

Just received in my inbox but not yet vanished ...

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2595763f67.jpg

allycat53 Aug 20, 2021 5:50 am

More details in this thread ...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-aug-21-a.html

bisonrav Aug 20, 2021 5:51 am

I think in that case you'd just get the avios back in the FTV? And they'd be worth what they're worth at the point of booking the new ticket.

The Geek Aug 20, 2021 5:52 am

Originally Posted by ringingup (Post 33505749)
True.

What he was hinting at is make a speculative booking in the cheap times in the hope it gets cancelled, that you can then shift to anytime you want. { EG family in school holiday times. }

Worse case scenario if the flight isn't cancelled is you can voucher the booking & the full value can be used against another flight.

aristoph Aug 20, 2021 6:00 am

Annoyingly it doesn't seem to apply to BACitiflyer ex-LCY. :td:

craigthemif Aug 20, 2021 6:05 am

Obviously many of us are thinking the same thing - buy something now at a nice discount using Avios, then convert it into a FTV. (Cancellation being irrelevant IMO, and potentially even a complicating factor)

I seem to recall reading somewhere that you definitely get a FTV for the full fare paid (not just the cash element), but I can't track down where I saw it...