Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holiday - Flight and 1 Day Car Hire?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

BA Holiday - Flight and 1 Day Car Hire?

Hi!
I’ve read about the double tier point promotion on BA Holidays. If I only really want the flights (as I can find the hotel cheaper), I was wondering:
if I booked a holiday with just the flights and one day of car hire, but ‘forgot’ to pickup the car.
would that:
1. Qualify me for the double tier points
2. Get me into any trouble (financial or otherwise) for not picking up the car?

ive read about people doing this as a tactic before, but wasn’t sure if it is still a thing

cheers!
Old Aug 5, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No.

As per the promotion

A “Qualifying Booking” is a British Airways Holidays booking that meets all of the following criteria: The booking must be for a British Airways Holidays Flight + Hotel or Flight + Car or Flight + Hotel + Car package originating in the UK only and the hotel or car element of the booking must be booked for the duration of the trip. British Airways flights including codeshares and British Airways marketed and/or operated flights only. The booking must be made before 21 September 2021. Travel is for outbound departures between 9 June 2021 and 30 September 2021 inclusive (final outbound departure date is 30 September 2021). The booking must be for a stay of 5 nights or more; and must be for a minimum of 2 passengers. The participant must register their Executive Club number against their booking prior to travel.
Discussed on this thread :

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-bookings.html
Old Aug 5, 2021, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Ah ok. Thanks a lot for the reply

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.