Search

BA Amex - Year End Extension?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
BA Amex - Year End Extension?

Hi All,

I have the BA PP and my year end is the 30th August, I still have about £100 to go before hitting the 10k companion voucher and have been purposefully holding off.

Do AMEX give extension's to the year end as really wanted one of the new vouchers that come in on the 1st September?
If not if I make my purchases on the 30th to take me over the 1 year will it auto issue the voucher that day or a couple days later when the transactions are cleared?

Thanks
Old Aug 2, 2021, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Buy something from a shop and return it in the required time frame for a refund ?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
If the spend is not confirmed until after your year end, then you risk not meeting the spend target before the deadline, and there is no way to fix that afterwards!

Sorry but I do not think you can achieve what you want. Amex won’t shift the date, and you will either meet the target by 30th August or you won’t. As a very long shot you might get very lucky if you meet the spend target (with confirmed transactions) on the last day and then your voucher is issued the next day in September, but that would be a glitch that nobody here could predict as this is a new situation for us all and it would be a big risk for you.
Oli Venn likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 11:54 am

Downgrade to the free card so the voucher isn’t triggered until £20K spend and then upgrade again after 1 September?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by SteveF
Downgrade to the free card so the voucher isn’t triggered until £20K spend and then upgrade again after 1 September?
That won't work for OP as their collection year ends on 30 August.

To OP I'd just trigger the voucher before 30 Aug and then consider downgrading if you don't want to pay the new fee of £250 which you will also incur after 1 September.
MatJarosz and Oli Venn like this.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by AJA_
That won't work for OP as their collection year ends on 30 August.

To OP I'd just trigger the voucher before 30 Aug and then consider downgrading if you don't want to pay the new fee of £250 which you will also incur after 1 September.
Ah, yes. I thought I was missing something.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies,

I probably should have been a bit clearer, I can spend today on that card easily and take it over the requirement for the companion voucher but have been holding off to see if there was a way to get one of the new companion vouchers issued after September 1st as it's so close.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Oli Venn
Thanks for the replies,

I probably should have been a bit clearer, I can spend today on that card easily and take it over the requirement for the companion voucher but have been holding off to see if there was a way to get one of the new companion vouchers issued after September 1st as it's so close.
I would guess the answer to your question is No.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
I would guess the answer to your question is No.
You'd be correct, AMEX cannot extend the Year End date.
They also advise to have the transactions completed and on the account by the 30th otherwise there is a risk of voucher not being issued

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.