Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dublin Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2022, 1:20 am

Just resurrecting this thread-
I'm flying Business from DUB to LCY in June from T1 .
Could anyone advise if i have access to lounge use please and if so which one?
Done a search in the thread but cant see a definitive answer
Thanks
JJ
Old May 27, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jones
Just resurrecting this thread-
I'm flying Business from DUB to LCY in June from T1 .
Could anyone advise if i have access to lounge use please and if so which one?
Done a search in the thread but cant see a definitive answer
Thanks
JJ
Yes, eligible BA passengers have access to the Airport run lounge in T1 - it's upstairs above security ( there's a stairs/lift just after you go through security )

Do not plan to arrive early to go there, it's really not very good .. if you've got a little while to kill it's an acceptable place to sit if you can get a chair ( they removed a load of them because COVID and haven't put them back unless they have very recently ) .. Ok selection of food , drinks no longer self service ( Again because COVID )
Old May 27, 2022, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Yes, eligible BA passengers have access to the Airport run lounge in T1 - it's upstairs above security ( there's a stairs/lift just after you go through security )

Do not plan to arrive early to go there, it's really not very good .. if you've got a little while to kill it's an acceptable place to sit if you can get a chair ( they removed a load of them because COVID and haven't put them back unless they have very recently ) .. Ok selection of food , drinks no longer self service ( Again because COVID )
Brilliant thanks for the info.
If they have coffee and snacks and somewhere to sit that'll do me
Cheers
JJ
Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:42 am

Booked a BA Coded and ticketed return trip from Glasgow to Dublin operated by Aer Lingus and have a BA Gold Card. Access to the lounge in Glasgow was no problem. Now that I am on my way back to Glasgow I've been denied access to the T2 and T1 lounge. When I checked in online for the return leg (DUB > GLA) BA diverted me to the Aer Lingus website for check-in and I was issued an Aer Lingus mobile boarding pass. None of the lounges would accept it and the lady in the Aer Lingus lounge at T2 was a bit rude and cheeky about it, told me that even if she was going to let me in, I can only use the lounge if flying to LGW or LHR. Tried the lounge in T1 and the lady there was more helpful but she said since I don't have a BA issued boarding pass she can't let me in. Advised me to get a BA issued boarding pass next time and I would be fine. Had I known I wasn't getting access to lounges, I would have stayed airside at my airport hotel for a bit longer. Hope this helps others.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Those are indeed the rules. GCH/SCH flying to London only on EI get the EI Lounge. BA ticketed BA metal gets the T1 lounge (which I quite like).
crazy8534 and j4mieuk like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
I wouldn't have anything bad to say about the Dublin T1 lounge, though I wouldn't describe it as amazing. It certainly wasn't very obvious where to find it, I had to ask a member of staff!

Self-service on the right hand side of the lounge as you enter has resumed, with a bartender for the bar the left hand side (not sure if this was the case pre-Covid?). I spent most of a day there recently (didn't really plan things very well... a story for another time) and it was pleasant enough, if a little busy at times.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:06 am

We have just booked Flights from DUB-LGW-CUN as part of their business class sale. We are only lowly Blue members, and I wanted to check whether we would get access to any lounges at Dublin? There is no business class on the DUB-LGW flight, so I wasn't sure if we would.

It's really no big issue if we don't, much more important to have it at Gatwick where we have a 3 hour stop. Just thought I would check.

Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2023, 9:27 am

I was going to say no, because you'll be on EI to LGW and the EI lounge is gold and silver to London on EI only. I'd assume no but having the club leg later presumably on BA(?) might allow you in. It'll be the EI lounge though,
Saeagle likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by Saeagle
We have just booked Flights from DUB-LGW-CUN as part of their business class sale. We are only lowly Blue members, and I wanted to check whether we would get access to any lounges at Dublin? There is no business class on the DUB-LGW flight, so I wasn't sure if we would.

It's really no big issue if we don't, much more important to have it at Gatwick where we have a 3 hour stop. Just thought I would check.
You won't, because you'll be booked in Economy on the DUB-LGW and the booking class used won't give you lounge access.

I've had it happen to me before, the codeshares always book into Economy.

Aer Lingus do have "AerSpace" on a bunch of European routes, which is basically business class in all but the name, but the business class fares on BA do not book into this class under any circumstances.

You can't purchase access to the Aer Lingus Lounge in Dublin at the moment either.

You are right though, it's more important at LGW and you'll have some of the best BA lounges in the network there, as they're some of the newest, so good times ahead for you there!
Saeagle likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 9:02 am

Will a OneWorld Emerald (via AA) member get access to the Dublin Airport Executive Lounge flying on an economy BA flight to LHR? This page https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DUB leads me to believe yes.
Old Jun 10, 2023, 9:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LeastP
Will a OneWorld Emerald (via AA) member get access to the Dublin Airport Executive Lounge flying on an economy BA flight to LHR? This page https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DUB leads me to believe yes.
yes that’s fine, you will get access in that scenario.
LeastP likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Just been denied at the T2 Aer Lingus lounge in Dublin. Flying on BA codes EI operated flight as BA GGL. Lady at reception was adamant that I don’t have access and I should try the T1 lounge. Didn’t bother trying that as I know I wouldn’t have access.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by RichieMc
Just been denied at the T2 Aer Lingus lounge in Dublin. Flying on BA codes EI operated flight as BA GGL. Lady at reception was adamant that I don’t have access and I should try the T1 lounge. Didn’t bother trying that as I know I wouldn’t have access.
Yes, that's wrong, but I'd have gone to the T1 lounge, argued the toss there and had the reception call the EI lounge to explain the situation if I didn't get in. I expect the receptionist in T2 read the ticket as a BA operated flight, and needs a bit of of training.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Your boarding pass with EI should have an EI flight number on it, and that means as a BA Silver or Gold you do have access. As long as you're flying on an Aer Lingus aircraft, you should be permitted entry.

Obviously if you're flying on a BA aircraft today, that would mean you need to use the T1 lounge.

Looks like someone has made a mistake. The T1 lounge has hot food nowadays, which is something the EI lounge does not have, so you should try there and see what happens. It's a short walk away!
Old Sep 14, 2023, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, easyJet Plus, YHA platinum, Amex Centurion, Peugeot owners club, Stagecoach gold rider
I thought it was as long as you were flying to London you should have been allowed in otherwise the lady at reception was right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.