Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Need the BA Gold line phone number [Avios booking cancelled, non-elite member]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need the BA Gold line phone number [Avios booking cancelled, non-elite member]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
The Twitter team literally did nothing to help me. Handing the case to an agent who never even contacts you back, let alone solve your issue, means they did nothing to help me.

But I'm really glad I have a flight that will actually take off!
Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:11 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by golfmad
I don't remember that and I've been a member since around 1992. For as long as I can remember there have been different lines for different tier levels.
Certainly not going to disagree about the different tier numbers but I remember at one point, maybe even for a short time, or could have possibly even have had to do with telephone check-in. It was a few a years ago 😬
Old Jun 27, 2021, 11:23 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by skyscanner
The Twitter team literally did nothing to help me. Handing the case to an agent who never even contacts you back, let alone solve your issue, means they did nothing to help me.

But I'm really glad I have a flight that will actually take off!
I know it didn’t escape your attention, because you replied in the thread, but BA had a major IT outage yesterday which prevented them doing pretty much anything at all with flight bookings, and I’m pretty sure it would have caused a deluge of phone calls which would have tied up all available agents.

In the circumstances, I’m not sure I’d have been expecting a quick response from the normal contact centres, so the action you took in terms of finding an alternative was unquestionably the right decision.
gcuk and Cymro like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by golfmad
in the modern era, waiting for a length of time on the phone is not at all challenging. Just put it on speaker on the desk and get on with everything else.

I suspect the people who made the phone system software never thought anyone would actually be required to wait a whole hour.
I don't have the luxury of a desk...

dddc, SKT-DK and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by HIDDY

I’m sorry HIDDY, I’m just seeing pigs and the end of the film Hannibal
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by HIDDY

Lay it on the floor
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
What a thread this has been...

I'm curious OP, when boarding a flight with a Y boarding pass do you then go and sit in J because you once purchased a J ticket?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
What a thread this has been...

I'm curious OP, when boarding a flight with a Y boarding pass do you then go and sit in J because you once purchased a J ticket?
I flew MH in F years ago. I now demand to be treated as an F pax by all One World airlines whenever I fly. Strangely it doesn’t seem to be working ….
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
If he felt humilated by BA, imagine what he's feeling after posting here and getting the expected responses. )
EDIwanderer and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
BA does have a duty of care towards its passengers on cancelled flights under the UK equivalent of EU Regulation 261. Had I not looked into MMB today, I would have never known about the cancellation. To have a passenger in this dire situation who calls the regular lines for hours but can not get through to anyone but the Gold line and then to snob him that he is not a Gold member anymore and just leave him to himself is terrible.
Im confused, your FT profile says you are BA Gold, so whats the problem?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:47 am

You cancel the first segment of a transatlantic flight, you don't notify the passenger, you humiliate and frustrate the passenger with long holds that disconnect automatically after 1h, and when the passenger finally calls the "elitist" Gold line, that is the only responsive one, you tell them that they have not been persistent enough on the other lines?

BA does have a duty of care towards me. They should have been the ones calling me, apologizing for the cancellation and offering me alternatives. I should not have to spend a whole Sunday hearing their outdated "music" and their invitations to solve my issues on ba.com, which does not find any availability for re-routing.

BA at its worst!
How do we copy this into the DYKWIA thread, or perhaps it should be, don't you know who I was thread as OP is no longer Gold?
I wonder if OP still has the Gold luggage tags attached

Anyway, put it this way. they have a duty of care, when your flight is cancelled, you get an email....everyone does....also, if we were to magically remove the Gold line to make it "fair" to you then you would still be in the same, albeit now larger Queue.

Or as you propose, if we let all non Golds call the Gold line, low and behold, everyone will be in that Queue now.

Please, maintain some dignity and resolve this in private.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:50 am

The Twitter team said they have handed the conversation to an agent that would contact me as soon as possible. That was 4h ago and no one has.

An airline whose phone number for the entire US does not work, who understaffs its call centers to the point that no one answers after holding for 1h and whose entire reservation system fails yet still can not fix it after more than 2h is an airline who is trying to cut costs to the detriment of its customers. It's humiliating to have to deal with this new BA.
It is understaffed because India is currently offline due to the fact that 2000+ people a day are dying of Covid. Im sure they are doing that to humiliate you.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:59 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As the OP has a resolution, this seems to be an opportune moment to close the thread.

There is an important distinction to make here, which is that Flyertalk is a wonderful resource for helping you achieve status in airline and hotel programmes so you gain more convenient contact options. It is not a resource to get to those resources before you’ve earned them.

/mod
gcuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.