Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Need the BA Gold line phone number [Avios booking cancelled, non-elite member]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

My flight is cancelled. It was booked with Avios. I called the Avios phone number, but nobody picked up after 1h waiting, then they disconnected me. Please help!
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:13 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
If you log into your BA account, it will give you the specific numbers for your exec club level, in the Contact section. Look for the Executive Club bit near the bottom of the page

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

Works for me as a direct link
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The number is listed on the back of your Gold card.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
If you are happy with the cancellation and don't wish to travel there is no rush.

If you want to travel it may be possible to (a) choose a new date/routing on MMB from your existing booking or (b) if you have enough miles and there is availability you could just book again now and worry about the old booking another day.

Good luck...
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by LondonElite
The number is listed on the back of your Gold card.
But apparently not for non-UK cards, which has caught me out before....
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:57 am

It always makes me smile when people adopt their poker stance every time someone asks this question. It's not privileged information, the contact numbers for all levels of membership are in the public domain.
IAMORGAN and Schwann like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by skyscanner
my flight is cancelled. It was booked with avios. I called the avios phone number, but nobody picked up after 1h waiting, then they disconnected me. Please help!

+44 *** ******

+44 ** **** *****

Last edited by Prospero; Jun 27, 2021 at 9:15 am Reason: Numbers cloaked to comply with FT rule 21
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:17 am

It's good to see BA protect the status telephone services for those who are entitled to use them.

Cancelled flight but BA does not pick up the phone
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
It always makes me smile when people adopt their poker stance every time someone asks this question. It's not privileged information, the contact numbers for all levels of membership are in the public domain.
And not of any use unless the caller actually has Gold status. Agents on the Gold line will only handle reservations for Gold cardholders, if the caller is not Gold they will be asked to call the number relevant to their actual tier.
1Aturnleft, Keystone and argonath like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
And not of any use unless the caller actually has Gold status. Agents on the Gold line will only handle reservations for Gold cardholders, if the caller is not Gold they will be asked to call the number relevant to their actual tier.
Which is what I believe has actually happened.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA does have a duty of care towards its passengers on cancelled flights under the UK equivalent of EU Regulation 261. Had I not looked into MMB today, I would have never known about the cancellation. To have a passenger in this dire situation who calls the regular lines for hours but can not get through to anyone but the Gold line and then to snob him that he is not a Gold member anymore and just leave him to himself is terrible.
haroon145 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
It's good to see BA protect the status telephone services for those who are entitled to use them.

Cancelled flight but BA does not pick up the phone
The real issue here is BA not serving a customer who has had their imminent travel cancelled. Getting rebooked after a flight cancellation isn't a gold-only benefit.
makin'miles and haroon145 like this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
BA does have a duty of care towards its passengers on cancelled flights under the UK equivalent of EU Regulation 261. Had I not looked into MMB today, I would have never known about the cancellation. To have a passenger in this dire situation who calls the regular lines for hours but can not get through to anyone but the Gold line and then to snob him that he is not a Gold member anymore and just leave him to himself is terrible.
Get a grip. What do you think would happen if everybody who thinks they're entitled to priority services starts using it, even if they don't qualify?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:33 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
You'd think in this age of technology, just one phone line that then has you enter your BAEC number for automatic routing to the relevant team, wouldn't be a bad way to go.

or maybe BA just wants certain people to feel special because they have their own secret number to call
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
To have a passenger in this dire situation who calls the regular lines for hours but can not get through to anyone but the Gold line and then to snob him that he is not a Gold member anymore and just leave him to himself is terrible.
While I empathise with you, if they didn't do that then everyone would simply ring the Gold line. This would be unfair to the GCH who earnt the benefit of a priority line from their loyalty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.