Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Interlining Air France to BA and effect on Covid transit through Heathrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2021, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Travelling from Paris to Jersey Air France then to BA to Jersey I am just a little tense as I guess there is not interlining of baggage between carriers.

From reading the guidance I understand
-a PCR test is needed for leaving Paris 72 hours before departure
-a passenger locator form needs to be completed saying I am transiting
-I have to collect and recheck bags as it is air France.

But I read..If you are transiting landside, you must be entering the UK for the sole purposes of continuing a journey to a country outside of the Common Travel Area. .... But I will be transiting to the CTA same day.

We always have to come landside to then go through to domestic flight. So does this just count as getting home and isolating per our rules?

​​​​

Last edited by Jerseylily2; Jun 24, 2021 at 11:51 pm
Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jerseylily2
Travelling from Paris to Jersey Air France then to BA to Jersey I am just a little tense as I guess there is not interlining of baggage between carriers.

From reading the guidance I understand
-a PCR test is needed for leaving Paris 72 hours before departure
-a passenger locator form needs to be completed saying I am transiting
-I have to collect and recheck bags as it is air France.

But I read..If you are transiting landside, you must be entering the UK for the sole purposes of continuing a journey to a country outside of the Common Travel Area. .... But I will be transiting to the CTA same day.

We always have to come landside to then go through to domestic flight. So does this just count as getting home and isolating per our rules?

​​​​
If you are flying mainline AF and BA on a single ticket, your bags should be interlined.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
If you are flying mainline AF and BA on a single ticket, your bags should be interlined.
Thanks that is great news. But on the way back will have to clear customs so is that officially landside transit and can I just get the PCR test on departure from Paris, complete PLF and then follow rules when I get home?
Old Jun 25, 2021, 3:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks that is great news. But on the way back will have to clear customs so is that officially landside transit and can I just get the PCR test on departure from Paris, complete PLF and then follow rules when I get home?
I don't think you will have a problem doing a landside transit there. As you have noted, just have your PLF and pre arrival test result to hand.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't think you will have a problem doing a landside transit there. As you have noted, just have your PLF and pre arrival test result to hand.
Thanks Karfa. Will double check everything again just before as everything fluid as we know.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Not sure what is "way back". PAR-JER or JER-PAR?
Both ways you should be able to check your bags through.
The only problem is that AF uses T2 and BA T5, AFIK.
Hence bags will take time to move.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.