Wiki Posts
Search

Keflavik

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2021, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Keflavik

Anyone have any info on this route? I have a return ticket booked in late July and when I last looked on Expert Flyer the flight is showing but is also showing 0 seats in all fare buckets, both there and back. I would also like to go out in June but there appear to be no flights operating. With Iceland being on the green list, I am surprised BA have not put on some flights!
Old May 24, 2021, 7:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, it is a bit odd, though the local vaccination rules probably made BA think this wouldn't be viable. Now that the NHS vaccination certificates are available in England and Scotland (and some of the Dependencies soon) I did wonder if BA would relook at Keflavík and even Tórshavn. As things stand, the first flight is 22 June.
SxMan and justin_krusty like this.
Old May 24, 2021, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Although Iceland is on the UK Green list, Iceland is restricting UK travellers

Details here

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...virus-covid-19

so probably low demand currently

Regards

TBS
Old May 24, 2021, 8:11 am
Original Poster

I think the info you quote may now be out of date. The Icelandic websites I am reading are suggesting that Iceland is accepting passengers from outside the shengen zone if fully vaccinated , including UK
Old May 24, 2021, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brentford77
I think the info you quote may now be out of date. The Icelandic websites I am reading are suggesting that Iceland is accepting passengers from outside the shengen zone if fully vaccinated , including UK

Hi,
Sorry, looks like the gov.uk website that I copied from today has not been updated with the latest information re fully vaccinated travellers. The Icelandic govt website looks more up to date

Regards

Tbs
Old May 24, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Anyone have any info on this route? I have a return ticket booked in late July and when I last looked on Expert Flyer the flight is showing but is also showing 0 seats in all fare buckets, both there and back. I would also like to go out in June but there appear to be no flights operating. With Iceland being on the green list, I am surprised BA have not put on some flights!
I see plenty of flights zeroed out on EF despite BA selling cheap seats itself, and that includes but is certainly not unique to KEF in July. I assume this is BA just reluctant to sell seats through any and all TAs at present.

Are your flights still for sale on BA.com? In which case I presume there’s a more than a decent chance they’ll operate.
Old May 24, 2021, 9:35 am

Don't forget BA is returning zeros to USA POS in expertflyer, you have to change it. Unusual to see a flight zero on there on UK POS and still available on ba.com. In fact my last couple of cancellations haven't been zero'd in advance, just cancelled straight away
Old May 24, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have a ticket booked for the 24th June. I haven't received any message that the flight has been cancelled yet.
Old May 24, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
The app is finding flights in June OK though to be fair they are pretty scarce...
Old May 24, 2021, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
The app is finding flights in June OK though to be fair they are pretty scarce...
Looks like Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sat from the 22nd - the first three flights at least are scheduled on A321s !
Old May 24, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Looks like even with proof of vaccination a test on arrival + quarantine for up to 24 hours is required:

People that have been infected with COVID-19 or have been vaccinated.
  • Everybody must undergo testing on arrival to Iceland, even children.
  • Everyone should quarantine until a negative result is obtained from the border testing. If you don´t get a message within 24 hours the result is negative.

https://www.covid.is/sub-categories/...and-antibodies
Old May 24, 2021, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ned1968
Looks like even with proof of vaccination a test on arrival + quarantine for up to 24 hours is required:

People that have been infected with COVID-19 or have been vaccinated.
  • Everybody must undergo testing on arrival to Iceland, even children.
  • Everyone should quarantine until a negative result is obtained from the border testing. If you don´t get a message within 24 hours the result is negative.

https://www.covid.is/sub-categories/...and-antibodies
test results are quick often same day or before 10am next morning in my experience
justin_krusty likes this.
Old May 24, 2021, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
test results are quick often same day or before 10am next morning in my experience
bit risky though for a couple of days away imho🤭
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

I think I saw an article saying that from mid june sometime , the requirement for vaccinated people to be tested on arrival will be ended.
It is looking promising for a trip in end of July ( taking 2 weeks off so may be a week or so in Reykjavik and a few days in London)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 5, 2021, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I think I saw an article saying that from mid june sometime , the requirement for vaccinated people to be tested on arrival will be ended.
It is looking promising for a trip in end of July ( taking 2 weeks off so may be a week or so in Reykjavik and a few days in London)

Regards

TBS
Edit: not on the official website yet but indeed the Health Minister announced it:

“The plan is to stop testing this group [of travelers], beginning mid-June,” Minister of Health Svandís Svavarsdóttir stated in Alþingi, the Icelandic parliament, yesterday, when speaking of the state of vaccinations and disease prevention in Iceland.
https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/n...n_iceland_as_/

I look at Iceland, then I look at the UK, and then ask myself who's right and who's wrong. Hmmm.

Last edited by 13901; Jun 5, 2021 at 10:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.