Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

DO: SOF-USA West Coast TP Run July-August 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2021, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nephoi
DO STATUS: DO #1 SEATTLE/EVERETT & DO #2 LOS ANGELES BOOKABLE

Please add your usernames below if you are planning or considering to join the DO.
If you want to remain anonymous, please send me ( ISTFlyer ) a PM and I would add you in the list. Unless, you specifically request me to add you in to the list with your username, I would only mention you as Anonymous member.

Organizing Committee:

ISTFlyer
Nephoi

Members Planning to Join:

PGberkshire
Vintagepilot
flyingroundtheworld
midvid
wilsnunn
Efincomputer
Tocsin
Lenis
AlphaXray
Cymro
Reetmafreen
Simon Schus
camdentown
HPN-HRL
shl +1
nh1980

Total Number of People Planning to Join: something around 25

Print Wikipost

DO: SOF-USA West Coast TP Run July-August 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
This sounds like an excellent idea. Would definitely like to join.

I was ahead of target to get GGL in 2020 which obviously changed, so I'm setting my sights on 2022 as my end date is Dec.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
This sounds like an excellent idea. Would definitely like to join.

I was ahead of target to get GGL in 2020 which obviously changed, so I'm setting my sights on 2022 as my end date is Dec.
You're more than welcome to join
Thanks for your interest. I have just received your response for the poll.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I’ve completed the survey and said I’d have one guest. That guest will be my wife, she enjoys travel and fun days/nights out. She’s worried she’ll be the only lady and it will be a bunch or plane bores.

Can I put her mind at rest and say it’s a diverse fun loving group?
mikeyfly, Tocsin and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jul 1, 2021, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Merlin5
I’ve completed the survey and said I’d have one guest. That guest will be my wife, she enjoys travel and fun days/nights out. She’s worried she’ll be the only lady and it will be a bunch or plane bores.

Definitely it would be a fun group and wouldn't be the only lady
This DO is not gender based and the participants are from a diverse group.

We are definitely waiting for your participation.
efincomputer and Nephoi like this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Count us in.

We may do a long weekend via Vegas on the way home if anyone else fancies it.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Count us in.

We may do a long weekend via Vegas on the way home if anyone else fancies it.
Thank you for your interest.
You're more than welcome to join.

You could definitely combine the DO with long weekend in Las Vegas if you wish.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Just a quick notification for those that have recently filled the poll ( within the last 2-3 days ),

I have received a couple of anonymous answers to the poll with no FT username or no e-mail being provided. Although it's not mandatory to provide these information a kind reminder that I might reach members through PM and non-members through e-mail when needed. If you would like to receive further communication and intentionally left those spaces blank, please send me a PM so I could add you to the list of interested people. Unless you specifically want, your usernames would be anonymous and would not be used for anything else than communication of updates through private channels.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Dear Folks,
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your guide speaking with lovely greetings from the flight deck.

As some of you know, the initial idea of the TP run was mine (and originally I meant it as a joke) but ISTFlyer brought that idea to life. Thanks for that.
I opened a Discord Server today on which we are planning, writing, sharing matrix-photos and organizing all the informations we are getting... Right now we had a closer look to the poll and found out that there will be two main event trips.

Our first trip most propably will lead us to SEA, our second trip most propably will lead us to the Bay Area.

i can't attend the latter run, therefore I'll do a B2B in Sofia and do another run directly after the first one and do the scenic route with a detour via HEL on the way home. This will lead us to LAS. Therefore there will be three (hosted) trips.

Event "Everett": hosted by ISTFlyer and myself directly followed by the
side Event "lets gamble": hosted by myself. after that the summer will be finished by
Event "summer heat": hosted by ISTFlyer and N.N.

ISTFlyer and myself, we are looking for several hotel options and a routing, we are trying to get thru to both Boeing and Alaska Airlines for a guided tour. I would look for a programme in LAS for the 3.5 days we are staying, including a TP run ex westcoast. But ISTFlyer is looking for a partner for the second trip who would like to help him planning a programme and hotel options. Any volunteers for that? PM him

We keep you posted once we are on cruising altitude we have clearer informations. Thanks for your attention.

Last edited by Nephoi; Jul 3, 2021 at 12:59 pm Reason: several typos
Old Jul 3, 2021, 3:04 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly

I'm away at the moment, but will be consulting Mrs.T next week on if she wants to join in - I've got her used to ex-EU, HBO and US transcon, so a TP 'do' should be only a small step
DesperateDan and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 6:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar

FT handles can be deceiving, there are definitely more ladies on this board than you might think! Plus, it's a fun bunch of people going on a jolly. If she doesn't mind a drink and bit of avgeek/frequent flyer talk, she'll be absolutely fine.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I’d definitely lean towards the SEA run. Living on the West Coast, I have a number of clients in the Bay Area, so I’ve spent more than enough time in that area to want to go back unless that run results in an avalanche of AA EQD/EQM compared to the SEA run, or if it ends up with a much more “scenic” run.

The LAS boomerang also adds an intriguing twist. Yes, I’ve been to Vegas lots of times, but the day that I’ve run out of things to do there, or simply no longer want to visit, then dump me in a bath chair and wheel me to the nearest care home!
Old Jul 3, 2021, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen
I’d definitely lean towards the SEA run. Living on the West Coast, I have a number of clients in the Bay Area, so I’ve spent more than enough time in that area to want to go back unless that run results in an avalanche of AA EQD/EQM compared to the SEA run, or if it ends up with a much more “scenic” run.

The LAS boomerang also adds an intriguing twist. Yes, I’ve been to Vegas lots of times, but the day that I’ve run out of things to do there, or simply no longer want to visit, then dump me in a bath chair and wheel me to the nearest care home!
The SEA DO seems like it would be the main DO. Currently, me and Nephoi is trying to figure out an itinerary and arrange stuff with those places we would visit and make arrangements. We are also working on alternative plans just in case the main ones that we plan doesn't work.

This could take more than 30-45 days and if things go accordingly, we would confirm the DO, reveal the details and process to the next stage.

We're trying to make all three DO's much as scenic as possible.
The Bay Area DO would also be interesting as I have wonderful plans for that as well.

Reetmafreen , also nothing is 100% yet confirmed yet so we might also end up with San Diego in one of the DO's. The poll is still open and everything could change depending on the demand.
efincomputer and Nephoi like this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Many thanks to Nephoi and ISTFlyer for the work done so far!

Originally Posted by Nephoi
Event "Everett"
One idea worth taking into consideration, taken Everett would be the focus area for the hypothetical Seattle DO, with the included BA and/or ALK visit/s:
  • Paine Field (PYE) is more Everett oriented and it's doable ex-SOF with the same fare, with an AS connection at LAX or SFO (PDX is also doable for TP maximisation, but you wanted enough AA Business/Flagship Business seats across the continent). If one finds doing PYE on both occasions (arrival and departure) boring, it could be in one direction and SEA in the other one. If that DO has a more FT styled theme, then I suspect I wouldn't be the only one liking the idea of doing PYE for Seattle. PYE is a business gem of AS in the state of Washington, since they have monopoly there. However, so far I haven't been able to price it, so I'd need my usual TA to check with Sabre, if it's just a Matrix issue. That in case PYE is worth considering.
(FYI: BA = Boeing and ALK = Alaska Airlines, when speaking corporate Wall St lingo, if I was cryptic. )

I've preliminarily looked at how to participate in that hypothetical SEA run, in case I do an alternative route or especially depart ex-BUD (I don't necessarily have the time on the outbound to make my way to SOF, it's at least two flights for me). Looks I might consider BUD-LHR-CDG/DUB-PHL-LAX/SFO-SEA on the outbound. That'd be with the CX lounge or CBP preclearance, plus AMEX Centurion Lounge. Just some preliminary pondering and tinkering still. On the return I might also come all the way to SOF, depending on how crowded it is in Club Europe and the timings. Or then I might do more TPs, since SOF isn't the maximal TP run alternative in Europe for TATL.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Last edited by Flying Yazata; Jul 4, 2021 at 3:34 am
Old Jul 4, 2021, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Many thanks to Nephoi and ISTFlyer for the work done so far!

One idea worth taking into consideration, taken Everett would be the focus area for the hypothetical Seattle DO, with the included BA and/or ALK visit/s:
  • Paine Field (PYE) is more Everett oriented and it's doable ex-SOF with the same fare, with an AS connection at LAX or SFO (PDX is also doable for TP maximisation, but you wanted enough AA Business/Flagship Business seats across the continent). If one finds doing PYE on both occasions (arrival and departure) boring, it could be in one direction and SEA in the other one. If that DO has a more FT styled theme, then I suspect I wouldn't be the only one liking the idea of doing PYE for Seattle. PYE is a business gem of AS in the state of Washington, since they have monopoly there. However, so far I haven't been able to price it, so I'd need my usual TA to check with Sabre, if it's just a Matrix issue. That in case PYE is worth considering.
(FYI: BA = Boeing and ALK = Alaska Airlines, when speaking corporate Wall St lingo, if I was cryptic. )

I've preliminarily looked at how to participate in that hypothetical SEA run, in case I do an alternative route or especially depart ex-BUD (I don't necessarily have the time on the outbound to make my way to SOF, it's at least two flights for me). Looks I might consider BUD-LHR-CDG/DUB-PHL-LAX/SFO-SEA on the outbound. On the return I might also come all the way to SOF, depending on how crowded it is in Club Europe and the timings. That'd be with the CX lounge or CBP preclearance, plus AMEX Centurion Lounge. Just some preliminary pondering and tinkering still.
Hi there Flying Yazata ,

Matrix prices PAE ( Everett ) on this fare, we have tried it; however, the issue is that there is only 1 direct flight from LAX to PAE which is operated by an Alaska E-175 thus only 3-4 people traveling in the main group would travel First on that flight. We haven't yet confirmed the flights and our availability analysis is still going on so we might indeed fly to PAE in one direction or both directions.
Flying Yazata likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by Nephoi
Event "summer heat"
My personal schedule should at least permit attending this DO, since it's later than the Seattle DO, which may end up being too concurrent with my previous travel plans. However I do consider attending this DO as an alternative. I might do a 1000 TP additional run ex-LAX as a part of that trip, if I haven't done that one in the spring. Right now working out my plans for 2022, since everything from 2021 is now cancelled in terms of my personal air travel.

Is there any estimate yet on when either of these events might occur? Or is it still up in the air and depending on the poll?
Nephoi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.