FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DO: SOF-USA West Coast TP Run July-August 2022
Old Jul 4, 2021, 3:34 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Many thanks to Nephoi and ISTFlyer for the work done so far!

One idea worth taking into consideration, taken Everett would be the focus area for the hypothetical Seattle DO, with the included BA and/or ALK visit/s:
  • Paine Field (PYE) is more Everett oriented and it's doable ex-SOF with the same fare, with an AS connection at LAX or SFO (PDX is also doable for TP maximisation, but you wanted enough AA Business/Flagship Business seats across the continent). If one finds doing PYE on both occasions (arrival and departure) boring, it could be in one direction and SEA in the other one. If that DO has a more FT styled theme, then I suspect I wouldn't be the only one liking the idea of doing PYE for Seattle. PYE is a business gem of AS in the state of Washington, since they have monopoly there. However, so far I haven't been able to price it, so I'd need my usual TA to check with Sabre, if it's just a Matrix issue. That in case PYE is worth considering.
(FYI: BA = Boeing and ALK = Alaska Airlines, when speaking corporate Wall St lingo, if I was cryptic. )

I've preliminarily looked at how to participate in that hypothetical SEA run, in case I do an alternative route or especially depart ex-BUD (I don't necessarily have the time on the outbound to make my way to SOF, it's at least two flights for me). Looks I might consider BUD-LHR-CDG/DUB-PHL-LAX/SFO-SEA on the outbound. On the return I might also come all the way to SOF, depending on how crowded it is in Club Europe and the timings. That'd be with the CX lounge or CBP preclearance, plus AMEX Centurion Lounge. Just some preliminary pondering and tinkering still.
Hi there Flying Yazata ,

Matrix prices PAE ( Everett ) on this fare, we have tried it; however, the issue is that there is only 1 direct flight from LAX to PAE which is operated by an Alaska E-175 thus only 3-4 people traveling in the main group would travel First on that flight. We haven't yet confirmed the flights and our availability analysis is still going on so we might indeed fly to PAE in one direction or both directions.