Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways First at home meal kits from Do&Co/Feast box

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2021, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL

BA have launched new First meal kits with Do&Co and Feast Box.

4 courses for 2 range from £80-£100.

The first 500 kits will include a bottle of Hattingley Valley Sparkling Wine - delivery is 1st April.

On sale here:
http://feastbox.co.uk/collections/british-airways
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 6:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BA F meal at home, £80/100 for two - partnership with Do&Co and Feast Box

Various reports on the usual places about this. BA have teamed up with Do&Co and Feast Box to provide meal boxes you can order to create a BA F meal at home.

Can be ordered here https://feastbox.co.uk/collections/british-airways for delivery to your door. Each box feeds two. Deliveries start next week with 500 available for delivery, and any deliveries in the first week will include a bottle of Hattingley Valley English sparkling wine.

Bear in mind, Feast Box is a flexible commitment free subscription service - so you need to stop it if you don't want boxes to start appearing every week! You will get your first non-BA Feast Box for free with 2 recipes for 2 people, but after that you must cancel if you don't want anymore.

Most of our customers receive a new Feast Box every week, whether they choose their own recipes or let our system curate their selection according to their stated preferences. But if you’d rather not receive one in any given week, it only takes a single click to skip any of your upcoming boxes. You’re also free to pause or cancel your subscription at any time.
Taken from TLfL
Hamish McVey, Head of Brands and Marketing at British Airways said: “We hope that this exclusive First experience will allow our customers who are missing flying to enjoy an amazing dining experience at home. British Airways, Feast Box and DO & CO take huge pride in offering top quality international cuisine, and although it might appear a little different being delivered to a customer’s door rather than at 38,000 feet, we hope it will be just as exciting.”

Jyoti Patel, Feast Box CEO and Founder: “Food is a wonderful way to explore the world and helps to shape our fondest memories. Offering people the chance to travel the world through food is at the core of everything we do, so working with British Airways on this First experience has helped to bring Feast Box to life in a very special way.”
You can chose from four menus with two at £80 and two at £100.

https://feastbox.co.uk/collections/british-airways

Also includes a 10% voucher to be used towards flights to be redeemed by 21 May 2021, one voucher per customer, and minimum spend of £200. Could this make the meal box pay for itsefl?

And a review curtesy of Turn Left for Less https://www.turningleftforless.com/b...checks-it-out/

So basically for £80/£100 you get:
  • BA F meal for 2 box
  • Bottle of Hattingley (first week only)
  • A free Feast box a week after for 2 people
  • 10% BA flight voucher

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 25, 2021 at 6:53 pm
Old Mar 25, 2021, 6:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
1 minute in it!

I am getting slow
Old Mar 25, 2021, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL
Your post is far more detailed! Feel free to merge/delete mine.

Surprised it didn't get posted on here sooner, saw it on Business Traveller yesterday morning before it was taken down.
islandadventurer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Quite the "in thing" at the moment for obvious reasons...

A few of the PJ caterers have been doing this too, On Air Dining in London have been doing it a while now and has been quite successful
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:11 pm

Time for all that William Edwards crockery to make an appearance again in a flyertalk 'rate my plate' extravaganza
alex67500 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 11:40 pm

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Looks staggeringly expensive for what the pictures show as tiny portions. Self cook airline food for £100!! No Thanks
Jed, dodgeflyer, Scots_Al and 14 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:32 am

Daylight robbery.
Jed, Stez, Dover2Golf and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:49 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

£100 for that
worldtrav, Jed, Stez and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 1:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I'm in the same boat with those find this expensive, no matter how much I miss travelling/airline food, the pricing/value for this is just off the charts - in the wrong way, even with those added perks for the first 500 orders. If they added in the cutlery and accompanying plating dishes, that might have added the value (and experience) to it. If they had wanted to make this successful they could have followed the way SQ did it - where they added quite a number of usual inflight items to the package.

Cheers!

ps: on a side note, Malaysia Airlines also recently added their afamous saté for home order, but at a ridiculous price. Am not sure how they can justify it since for the price that they are asking you can get from a local eatery minimum 15 sticks of them instead of 6.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
They’re not called do & co for nothing!
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Looking at the maths, this has the potential to be quite a lucrative deal for the first 500 customers. The following is based on the cheaper vegetarian option of £80, rather than the more expensive £100 box

Box Price: £80

Free Sparkling wine: £30
Free Feastbox: £27 (at full price)
BA Voucher: £20 (based on being redeemed at minimum spend)
TCB: £9.25

Total value of add ons: £86.25

Ok, I know some would not pay £30 for the wine, or buy a box for £27, but it is worth thinking about.
aks120 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
I would have thought the 10% voucher would get more attention here than the food! Anyone know the Ts and Cs?
e.g. Can it be used on a £10k+ J or F booking for a party of 4 or 6?
sxc, Pack and Will100 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:12 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by fruitcage
I would have thought the 10% voucher would get more attention here than the food! Anyone know the Ts and Cs?
e.g. Can it be used on a £10k+ J or F booking for a party of 4 or 6?
Yes the voucher could be quite lucrative.

Aside from that, there's quite a lot of work involved in putting together the meal, as the vegetables need chopping and cooking. This might give some perspective to the task crew have in assembling meals in their galleys (albeit they don't have to chop and cook).
Old Mar 26, 2021, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
I just don't get all the fuss over this at all, airline food can be very good at times but often it is average - even in F. Maybe it is my common taste buds but I have never had a meal on a plane that was better than the home cooked one I could I could buy in my local village pub (who do very nice takeaways at the moment).
Pack likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.