Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways First at home meal kits from Do&Co/Feast box

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways First at home meal kits from Do&Co/Feast box

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177
The voucher needs to be used by the end of May which would be worthless to most of us.
Yes, for flights up to May 2022. It maybe useless for you, but lets not generalise about others.

Also i cannot see any free feast box for 2.
It is included when you order and you will see it at checkout. You get one free feast box for 2 a week after your BA one.

Regarding the wine, BA being BA as per usual i doubt it will be any good.
It is the Hattingley sparkling wine served in F and in the CCR. Have you tried it?

This argument with the wine and the voucher is the same argument with flying CE and 'promoting' the extra luggage etc. Benefits that most people never use.
Shall we just stick to the subject of the thread?
VSLover, aks120, madfish and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:00 am

This is not a restaurant meal...

It is an overpriced ready meal that you need to prepare it as well. Also i can see from the website you can order some other boxes, for example the indian box that costs £55 and apparently is for 4-6 people.
So can I put you down as a maybe?
alex67500, 86BA7 and Akoz like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:08 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, for flights up to May 2022. It maybe useless for you, but lets not generalise about others.

It is included when you order and you will see it at checkout. You get one free feast box for 2 a week after your BA one.

It is the Hattingley sparkling wine served in F and in the CCR. Have you tried it?

Shall we just stick to the subject of the thread?
We are still in lockdown and we have no idea what kind of international travel will be allowed from May (if any at all). The vast majority of us are not going to book anything in the next 2 months. Not to mention that BA keeps cancelling flights pretty much every minute...I have used the black friday offer and some other offers last year. Even the 50% avios one. ALL of the flights got cancelled.

I know the second box is included and advertised as 'free' but lets be honest its just a marketing trick.

Honeslty i dont remember what kind of wines i have tried. Is it a good one? Aka Villa Maria?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
When I consider what i can get delivered from Waitrose for £100, this appears like absurdly poor value for money to me. Whilst I miss flying, I'm not that desperate!
Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:20 am

Honeslty i dont remember what kind of wines i have tried. Is it a good one? Aka Villa Maria?
I am sure I have tried it at some point, but I can't remember what I thought of it. This one and similar Hattingley offerings seem to retail around the £30-45 mark so don't know if that is relevant to the idea of quality. It doesn't seem to be cheap if that's what you mean.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 8:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Well I have ordered one - I am firmly of the opinion that value is in the eye of the spender so I would hope that you judge the contents and creation of the item, and not the fact that I thought it was quite a good thing!

I have been looking at many boxed meals from high end restaurants - they vary from about £60 to £150. I was looking for a restaurant box to use for a special occasion - and this one appealed my my interests and tastes.

I liked the sound of the menu, I should get the free sparkly, I am happy to try the free box follow on as it is something I have been interested in anyway - and this gives me the opportunity to try it.

Regards

aks120
VSLover, HIDDY, chrism20 and 6 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 9:09 am

Credit to BA for trying to bring in revenue in these tough times.

That aside, the idea of wanting First food at home made me almost cry with laughter.

My husband would be horrified if I cooked British Airways standard F food at home. It's consistently disappointing in the air. As a vegetarian, BA's F food is typically disheartening, bordering on contempt for customers.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You know that is is a ready meal that you warm it up and also you need ro chop some vegetables too right? Do you usually pay £50 per person for a ready meal?
Even if I lived in the UK I wouldn't buy it....the missus would think I'd gone doolally!!

However I'm sure others would....and that's all that matters. Just seen aks120 purchased one which proves it.
aks120 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 9:42 am

For beef cheeks? What a joke.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Agent69
So you order your £100 meal, and when it arives there is a little note inside saying sorry we are out of your first choice of main course.
You beat me to it. I was going to make the same joke!

When I saw the original post and the 1st April delivery date I assumed this was actually an April Fools' Day joke - but apparently not.

I am assuming delivery isn't available in the USA otherwise I might have been tempted to give it a try. The price tag isn't too bad in my view. Considering what you can pay for a meal out at some of The Strip restaurants here in LV it's an absolute bargain!
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by doctoravios
Ha - it's so funny seeing everyone complain about how expensive it is for what you get. I bet you've all secretly ordered and are too ashamed to admit it - well I am proud to admit that I have and I am looking forward to my Maundy Thursday BA Feast Box!
Well I have no shame in admitting I’ve ordered it. I also said it’s called do & co for a reason.

I can justify it to myself on basis of voucher. Yes I could eat more cheaply but it’s a bit of fun and something different and you can’t take your money with you when you peg it.
simonsmith and aks120 like this.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:02 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Well I have no shame in admitting I’ve ordered it. I also said it’s called do & co for a reason.

I can justify it to myself on basis of voucher. Yes I could eat more cheaply but it’s a bit of fun and something different and you can’t take your money with you when you peg it.
I have done the same. A bit of fun and also a note to cancel the subscription before I get food arriving every week. Note that you also get the first FeastBox the following week for free.
The 10% F voucher could be very handy but I did it for a laugh to be honest....... I doubt I will be near a BA plane soon, sadly....
FD.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
For a £1000 I would cook and serve it to you (London/ South East only).
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:21 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Flying Doctor
I have done the same. A bit of fun and also a note to cancel the subscription before I get food arriving every week. Note that you also get the first FeastBox the following week for free.
The 10% F voucher could be very handy but I did it for a laugh to be honest....... I doubt I will be near a BA plane soon, sadly....
FD.
Dear Mr Doc - would you mind coming back and telling us what it was like? Now I have to say that I have bought take-outs from our local bestish restaurant. It may be the best but I have not tried the other. I got 2 Bouchees de Reine which I popped in the oven and they were heavenly, two Pollack (hardly the dearest of fish -- but what fish is cheap?) in a sauce au beurre served with baby vegetables, and two Blackcurrant Mousse Tiramisu style - this lot cost me €46. That's both of us. So whilst I am interested, I would love to know what you think of The First In A Box. I think that it is fair to get more information before slagging the whole thing off.

A Michelin Starred Chef who had given me his gloriously simple but clever recipe for Rabbit au Citron (I do not wish to sound pretentious but that is the name of the dish as you know) said something that I have never forgotten - all catering is a con. Some are good - others are not. If I knew you were coming to dinner ( or Raffles KARFA or corporate-wage-slave I'd cook and if I say so myself I think that I'd do just as well as Do&Co and with all that lovely lolly saved I could fly off somewhere afterwards.

If this idea gives jobs to people otherwise furloughed at this time - then may it succeed.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:41 am

Whoever came up with this idea should be FIRED!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.