Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Other Airlines with BA yin-yang CW seat?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:16 am

Agreed. Just supply the registration of the offending aircraft on which you travelled in 2007 so that everyone can understand this inferior OCW seating of the era for which you speak. If you're collecting all the other stuff I'd wager you're tracking the registrations too.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except that I have already stated quite clearly and more than once that I do not track aircraft registrations, do you?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by hfly
In 2006 I took 113 flights, in 2007, I took 132 flights and in 2008 I took 117 flights. In those respective years I visited the Caribbean 9 times. Now I could tell you the places, and the dates, and the airlines involved, the mileage earned, and the classes traveled. I am not going to, because you know, privacy and all that. But you know what? I originally said 2008 from memory, and then when questioned actually looked at my spreadsheet and discovered that it was 2007, not "ever-changing" or anything else.
One thing that your spreadsheet obviously does not do is confirm that you flew in cradle seats on that 2007 trip. And it can't confirm that, because there weren't any cradle seats left in the mainline fleet by then, as was set out contemporaneously by other FTers' posts already quoted above.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:50 am

Except that I have already stated quite clearly and more than once that I do not track aircraft registrations, do you?
Yes I do.

With respect, nothing has been clear so please forgive any repetition
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
There was a single MAN-based 767 (G-BNWH) operating the JFK route in a 2-class Club World and World Traveller configuration (with cradle seats in Club World) until July 2006 - it's quite possible that that aircraft operated from LHR on occasion.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A1: Post #99 for one: "I am not enough of a Trainspotter to take down hull numbers, registrations, etc."
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... I can recall twice getting OLD seats as late as 2008 to the Caribbean and South America for example. ...
While we're talking about mythical cradle seat trips, what about the South America trip in "2008"? Was there a time-shift involved there, too? Or just more fallible and failed memories?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Honestly? When looking at my spreadsheet, I saw that it was another airline that I flew to South America in 2008 that had sucky seats which were pretty much the same as BA's OCW, so this is why I have not been banging on about that anymore. No Globalizer, no time shift. You know and much like other posters who misquote BA annual reports or write things that are remembered improperly, one can make mistakes. But I am NOT mistaken that in early 2007 I flew OCW to the Caribbean.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But I am NOT mistaken that in early 2007 I flew OCW to the Caribbean.
Blimey. Time travel offered by BA. I thought that had gone with Concorde's retirement.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:28 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Honestly? When looking at my spreadsheet, I saw that it was another airline that I flew to South America in 2008 that had sucky seats which were pretty much the same as BA's OCW, so this is why I have not been banging on about that anymore. No Globalizer, no time shift. You know and much like other posters who misquote BA annual reports or write things that are remembered improperly, one can make mistakes. But I am NOT mistaken that in early 2007 I flew OCW to the Caribbean.
I just did a search for "Dusk" / "NCW" etc., and it seems you were complaining as long ago as 2004 about how long the NCW refit was taking. A couple of examples :-

No WT+ and NCW till March 2005

New B-767-300ER configuration (J/W/M)

Funnily enough, I couldn't see anything from you in 2007.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by fruitcage
Quite.
And I am astonished how far off-topic this thread has veered. I was the OP and simply trying to identify whether a seat in a TV program was necessarily from BA or could have come from another airline. (My query was answered.long ago.)
Indeed. However, I am finding this thread a pleasant distraction from the vicissitudes of life, the universe and everything.

rb211.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
This thread also got me watching The Flight Attendant ! Not the best show, but so far it’s been fine for a miserable bank holiday!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:50 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
This thread also got me watching The Flight Attendant ! Not the best show, but so far it’s been fine for a miserable bank holiday!
I gave up after 2 episodes. Does it get any better?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I’ve just finished the second episode! Think I’ll persevere.... Sky Planner not very busy right now
Old Apr 5, 2021, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I gave up after 2 episodes. Does it get any better?
Not really. It doesn’t hold your attention sadly, the plot doesn’t truly thicken! Although I have a slight yearning for Kaley Cuoco! I don’t think she feels the same!
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.