Wiki Posts
Search

International travel to resume, when?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
International travel to resume, when?

Whilst I know FT's do not like speculation, I am surprised there has been no FT reaction to today's Plan from Boris.
There was a brief thread this afternoon, quickly closed, re intl travel travel being allowed May 17th at the earliest. This was based on BBC News online which said just that after Boris' statement to Parliament.(although I didn't hear this said on live TV). Thus I assumed my leisure booking for May 9th (Greece) could not happen, and expecting a stampede, promptly made a new booikng for May 17th.
BBC online now says only that intl tavel could be reviewed no earlier than April 12th, no mention of May 17th so where did this date come from?
Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The other thread was closed because there is an existing thread in the UK and Ireland forum going into this subject in considerable detail. But the short answer is the the taskforce read-out deadline is 12 April, and because of the 5 week principle this suggests, tentatively, a 17 May implementation date.

Local lockdowns in the UK
Often1, 'andad, mikeyfly and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.