Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Physical BAEC Bronze cards and bag tags eliminated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Physical BAEC Bronze cards and bag tags eliminated

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2021, 5:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
It's a sarcastic nod to all the BA communications in the past where various product refreshes and service eliminations were spun as an enhancement.

I guess you had to be there in order to appreciate it for what it is.... or what it was
Originally Posted by dwugson
Why not start using the term "eliminated" instead of enhanced for anything BA does.
Recognising that ‘enhanced’ was an in-joke that’s probably run its course now we and BA are in completely different times, and that posters coming to this thread to enquire about luggage tags won’t want to wade through off-topic bickering, the thread title has been updated. Time to move on.
Often1, alex67500 and Truthmonkey like this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
It's a sarcastic nod to all the BA communications in the past where various product refreshes and service eliminations were spun as an enhancement.

I guess you had to be there in order to appreciate it for what it is.... or what it was
Guess I've seen them all - date back to BEA, the 'cradle seat', Concorde and just as things were heading in the right direction the 'era of enhancements'. Sad to say many of us have lived to see BEA/BOAC 'enhanced' out of our lives and going downhill from there, dread to think what the post covid 'enhancement' will be.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by dwugson
Sad to say many of us have lived to see BEA/BOAC 'enhanced' out of our lives and going downhill from there, dread to think what the post covid 'enhancement' will be.
Well we had this for about a year

​​​​​​
Never say never, we all live in hope to see this again.... up close and personal, although she's due to be withdrawn in November so the chances are slim I fear.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.

Enhancements are certainly not limited to BA - Lufthansa and a few more have used the term for the last twenty years too for very much the same effect.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What rubbish that they eliminated propellers, 2-2 seating in F on a narrow-body hop across the Atlantic and boarding cards hand-completed on thick cardstock. Even worse, the opportunity to stretch out a bit at SNN and YQX enroute to IDW.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver, IHG Platinum Elite, Qatar Privilege Club

She is a beauty
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
Enhancements are certainly not limited to BA - Lufthansa and a few more have used the term for the last twenty years too for very much the same effect.
We're not allowed to call them that anymore remember. Hence the grand renaming of this thread to something more befitting.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Mar 8, 2021 at 12:26 pm
Old Mar 19, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Enhanced enhancements?
Old Mar 20, 2021, 5:49 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Misco60
If you really need to show the world your BAEC status you can take a screenprint of the digital card, print it, cut it out and stick it to a piece of sturdy card. You can laminate it too, if you wish. No-one will know the difference, and fellow travellers will continue to be impressed as you stride through T5.
Sure there would be enough of a market for BA to offer luggage tags. Say 500 avios?

I do think bronze and above should get at least a set of tags. Is it really saving that much in comparison to all the CO2 being kicked out from the flying?

Surprising nobody has mentioned the marketing benefits. One for the card holder in terms of the ‘ooooh shiny, I’ve made it. BA thinks I’m important. I like BA. Let’s try to get the next tier’ and the other of having people see the card on luggage, ask questions etc.

Whilst I broadly agree that digital is the way to go for a lot of things. There’s practical value in the tags (which could double as the card) as discussed upthread.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Delta Platinum medallion
You don’t “enhance” things these days, you “reimagine” them.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Sure there would be enough of a market for BA to offer luggage tags. Say 500 avios?

I do think bronze and above should get at least a set of tags. Is it really saving that much in comparison to all the CO2 being kicked out from the flying?

Surprising nobody has mentioned the marketing benefits. One for the card holder in terms of the ‘ooooh shiny, I’ve made it. BA thinks I’m important. I like BA. Let’s try to get the next tier’ and the other of having people see the card on luggage, ask questions etc.

Whilst I broadly agree that digital is the way to go for a lot of things. There’s practical value in the tags (which could double as the card) as discussed upthread.
Not to sound like a DYKWIA / a nob - who actually puts Bronze tags on their luggage?

Gold, maybe Silver - but Bronze? All it gets you is Business Class check in and 7 day seat selection.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Not to sound like a DYKWIA / a nob - who actually puts Bronze tags on their luggage?

The ordinary man in the street doesn't have the same hang-ups about airline reward programme status as most Flyertalkers do.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Data point I was able to get a silver card ordered as a exception- note not for me for someone else
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
Data point I was able to get a silver card ordered as a exception- note not for me for someone else
do tell (private msg if you prefer).. I've being trying in vain (no luck via the webform - just the standard response about lowering carbon footprint blah blah) to get one for my 6 y/o daughter (silver card) as she doesn't own a digital device so a card/bag tag would prove handy.
"As part of our ongoing commitment to minimise the impact we have on the environment, we made the decision to digitalise the Club experience. This does unfortunately mean that we are unable to order a Silver Card for xxx- I sincerely apologise for this.!
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
do tell (private msg if you prefer).. I've being trying in vain (no luck via the webform - just the standard response about lowering carbon footprint blah blah) to get one for my 6 y/o daughter (silver card) as she doesn't own a digital device so a card/bag tag would prove handy.
"As part of our ongoing commitment to minimise the impact we have on the environment, we made the decision to digitalise the Club experience. This does unfortunately mean that we are unable to order a Silver Card for xxx- I sincerely apologise for this.!
this is what I said-hello, as a silver with British airways I understand I am not eligible for a physical card anymore. This is super unfortunate because I can't download the ba app on my phone for business reasons with my company. I fly in the United States a lot and and sometimes I will credit my flights to American Airlines which means my status won't reflect on my boarding pass. In the past it would be easy to get in because I would just show my physical card however that's not possible anymore. Is there anyway British Airways could make a exception and send a physical card? I would even be willing to pay." Thats exactly what I sent and it was the truth. The part about not being able to download on my business phone was a bit fudged. She said she was able to request one because I was unable to use the BA app for security reasons. Don't even mention your daughters age just say she can't get the ba app for security reasons.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.