Wiki Posts
Search

Who to call out of UK office hours?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2021, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Who to call out of UK office hours?

I really need to make a booking tonight and I have a voucher to use which can only be used over the phone. The UK offices are of course closed, can I call the USA line? If so, how do I use Skype to call for free?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2021, 1:59 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It may be "cheap" rather than "free", depending on your Skype contract, but you can use any of the BA contact numbers on here:

ba.com/contact

just flip the drop down to the country you want to use. So USA in the European evening, then moving to SIngapore / Hong Kong thereafter. The only oddity I know of is that BA Holidays in the UK only handles UK, Ireland and a few other places. If your starting point was somewhere in mainland Europe, perhaps with Tier Point Run overtones, then you need to call Bremen, not the UK. Bremen is on the Germany drop down obviously, but less obviously it can be reached via places like the Czech Republic. Bremen has more restricted working hours than the UK centres.

Other VOIP options are available, Skype isn't the only provider.
BAeuro and wilsnunn like this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 2:01 pm

There is a free number starting with 800, just enter it into skype. You can also try Hong Kong or India, you’ll have to add credit to skype for these but they often have very short wait times in my experience.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2021, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both. On the off chance I just tried the standard UK number used for those abroad (02032500145) and someone answered immediately. So all was sorted without the technical need for Skype
Old Jan 17, 2021, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

So the flights I booked just 2 hours ago....have just been cancelled. Ah Coronavirus and uncertainty!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.