Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mega Club Europe cabins

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by kdhurst380
Just to add to this point - on our latest LHR-MAN we had the same IFL as took us down the other way before our holiday. We ended up chatting and they said that they thought they recognised me!

The problems were very apparent during our conversation. They'd done 20 odd years of long haul. Now they're thrown onto an A320 on a 30 minute sector and expected to deliver a polished service? I do actually feel for them in that respect.

Luckily, there was what appeared to be a full compliment of ex-MF crew who pretty much did it in their sleep and were leading the IFL and sharing best practice! Trolleys were back in the galley and everybody who wanted a second drink had one well before the 10 minute call.

I overheard the IFL telling the other crew in the galley what a good job they'd done, their response was "Oh we're used to it". No skin off their noses at all.

I would say from a training point of view more of this needs to happen. Some crew of course don't help themselves; on the flight down the same IFL couldn't do anything because the crew member assisting was adamant that trolleys weren't going anywhere until the seatbelt signs went off - cue a rushed service.
Could have been ex Eurofleet too who would not get thrown by a MAN or AMS/CDG. Ex Gatwick did Jersey for years which is a 30-40 min flight from runway to runway - often high club loads and a Band 1 not Express back in the day.

I’ve sat at the back of a 319 before going up to MAN and heard the same re trolleys. I don’t hold that against the crew, occupational health & safety is really important & I don’t expect crew to injure themselves just so I can have a G&T. Ultimately the company need to design service standards that are deliverable during the available service time with resources available - IFCE or whoever need to know if operationally the service standards cannot be delivered. Those trolleys can be heavy and pushing one up a steep aisle whilst still climbing is no mean feat - I think they are allowed to take trolleys out before the signs go off but sometimes pilots will tell crew it’s going to be bumpy or whatever, same with tea / coffee….that said, this particular crew member was perhaps a bit of a jobsworth (or more likely just knackered and clearly didn’t approve of the CSM) - the other one was going to go up front & offer to help but this lady said no we’ve done our bit, “she” (the CSM) is going to have to speed up and hasn’t once asked us how we are blah blah blah!
Old Oct 17, 2021, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Camflyer
TFS check-in today had 2 desks for Club and only one for Economy. Lots of people with status.

Quite a smooth process having done the Verifly. Once at the desk I got through in seconds and they didn't want to see any paperwork.

Then denied entry to the lounge as apparently I didn't qualify. Not bothered as it's not a very good lounge anyway.
I was in there on the 9th. It only re-opened a few weeks ago, so probably a staff training issue.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:22 pm

The queues for priority check in at Palma today were longer than economy. And took longer. Meal choices restricted by row 12. It's a pretty poor show really. I'll fly easyjet for SH next time and boo speedy boarding, up front seats and my bike and it'll still be cheaper and my expectations won't be dashed.

BA customer services and their ground staff are in meltdown. It really is a total shambles (their words not mine).
Old Nov 3, 2021, 2:29 am

got the email i was expecting this morning, have been kicked out of the exit rows seats as the curtains been moved, BA2732 07/12/2021
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Just off the BA2600 (LHR-LPA), great crew, but they were on an uphill battle from the start!
15 rows of CE on a A321-NEO and a large amount of them were friends of Dorothy given it is the start of Winter Pride so the expectations on alcohol were high! An hour after take-off we were finished on White wine / Champagne (that after row 8!), gin and vodka. Rum and Whiskey were offered around alongside plenty of beer, but we all had to keep our glasses as fresh supplies were exhausted after the lunch served 1hr into a 3.5hr flight. The crew were great and so were the passengers as we were off on holiday - but given the prices charged for that flight - it is shambolic and not up to standard vs. what is expected. People are delighted to head off on holiday given the last 18mths, but the goodwill towards BA will fade very fast on that type of offering!

Pilot37
bafan, camdentown, 86BA7 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Pilot37; Nov 6, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Old Nov 6, 2021, 12:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Just off the BA2600 (LHR-LPA), great crew, but they were on an uphill battle from the start!
15 rows of CE on a A321-NEO and a large amount of them were friends of Dorothy given it is the start of Winter Pride so the expectations on alcohol were high! An hour after take-off we were finished on White wine / Champagne (that after row 8!), gin and vodka. Rum and Whiskey were offered around alongside plenty of beer, but we all had to keep our glasses as they were exhausted after the lunch served 1hr into a 3.5hr flight. The crew were great and so were the passengers as we were off on holiday - but given the prices charged for that flight - it is shambolic and not up to standard vs. what is expected. People are delighted to head off on holiday given the last 18mths, but the goodwill towards BA will fade very fast on that type of offering!

Pilot37
I was on this flight too 😊
Old Nov 6, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bfc2dabone
got the email i was expecting this morning, have been kicked out of the exit rows seats as the curtains been moved, BA2732 07/12/2021
You have a very good attitude to the issue of losing good seats summed up nicely in one sentence. Bravo. You saw no need to BA bash or threaten CEDR/Small Claims/change alliance. Refreshing.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Bluekjp
…You saw no need to BA bash or threaten CEDR/Small Claims/change alliance. Refreshing.
If you’re in a ‘free’ seat in ET, then you have no guaranteed seating, and there wouldn’t be anything to complain about…
Old Nov 6, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by bafan
If you’re in a ‘free’ seat in ET, then you have no guaranteed seating, and there wouldn’t be anything to complain about…
Yes,I agree. I’m just praising someone who thinks like you and me.
bfc2dabone likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by earlscourtflyer
I was on this flight too 😊
Was my post a fair assessment in your view
of the flight?

Pilot37
Old Nov 6, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Was on BA457 Madrid-London on Friday. It was a 787-8 with full ‘CW’ cabin and CE going back into full WT+

Cabin service was spot on. Everything was hand run with bar service (and nuts) first. Those were proactively topped up throughout the flight with a constant cabin presence. I’ve honestly had less attentive service in Club World. Compare service to / from Berlin earlier in week where a row 1 GCH declining meal had to ask for nuts with drink. It shows the difference of crew who know what they are doing and are trying compared to going thrrough motions. The spinach gnocchi was ok too. It felt like ‘the old normal’. The IB T4S lounge was great as ever with a served hot breakfast buffet (only one food station on right hand part of lounge was set up).

This was a busy club cabin but was managed well so shows it can be done.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by Pilot37
15 rows of CE on a A321-NEO and a large amount of them were friends of Dorothy given it is the start of Winter Pride so the expectations on alcohol were high! An hour after take-off we were finished on White wine / Champagne (that after row 8!), gin and vodka. Rum and Whiskey were offered around alongside plenty of beer, but we all had to keep our glasses as fresh supplies were exhausted after the lunch served 1hr into a 3.5hr flight. The crew were great and so were the passengers as we were off on holiday - but given the prices charged for that flight - it is shambolic and not up to standard vs. what is expected. People are delighted to head off on holiday given the last 18mths, but the goodwill towards BA will fade very fast on that type of offering!

Pilot37
You know you're allowed to say you thought they were gay nowadays, right? You don't have to resort to a euphemism with origins in the 1900s. Not that has a huge bearing on whether they wanted to drink alcohol.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 5:59 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by AdBoy
You know you're allowed to say you thought they were gay nowadays, right? You don't have to resort to a euphemism with origins in the 1900s. Not that has a huge bearing on whether they wanted to drink alcohol.
Yes he knows that. Personally I loved his emphasism as this is what I constantly heard when I was flying. It light, delicate, and inoffensive.

II’d love to have been Lead on that flight. It reminds me of the Scent Spray special charters to Mykonos back at BCAL. We never ran out of anything and we carried a full bar in the hold for the inbound. BA needs to get this nonsense sorted pronto.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Yes he knows that. Personally I loved his emphasism as this is what I constantly heard when I was flying. It light, delicate, and inoffensive.

II’d love to have been Lead on that flight. It reminds me of the Scent Spray special charters to Mykonos back at BCAL. We never ran out of anything and we carried a full bar in the hold for the inbound. BA needs to get this nonsense sorted pronto.
Thank you PUCCI GALORE for responding in a far more eloquent way then I could ever have!

Pilot37
Old Nov 6, 2021, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
​​​​​​I personally think it's incredibly offensive.

Why should it be mentioned at all.
Mks6 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.