Wiki Posts
Search

FTVs - two happy future passengers!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by smokie36
I'd expect most of the UK to be vaccinated by April
I hope you're right, but I suspect maybe not.

I expect the Australian Govt to protect its citizens, including me, so we'll see.

Having learnt from the past 9 months, I've booked exactly nothing.
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 4:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Folks, a number of recent posts, which have nothing at all to do with BA and detract from the positive message at the start of the thread, have been removed.

Your co-operation in helping keep the forum from being swamped with off-topic coronachat is again requested.

the mod team
Old Nov 26, 2020, 4:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Grace B
I hope you're right, but I suspect maybe not.

I expect the Australian Govt to protect its citizens, including me, so we'll see.

Having learnt from the past 9 months, I've booked exactly nothing.
I'd agree its a bit early for making bookings...but I guess those with vouchers are getting itchy to spend them by now understandably and have something to look forward to.

I guess we all are really...sand and warm sea swimming!
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
My concern is your rebook without requiring availability is 365 from booking so you’re restricted to then. Hence my thinking of booking spring 2021 allowing a move to spring 2022
I have oz booking for March 2021 with avois. No chance of going I accept.

it was booked last March and I assume that I have no clever options open to me as the ticket is only valid a year from booking is that correct ?

as such I can only get an avios refund ?
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:55 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jeremyBA
It was fortunate you booked with Avios, you just lose £35 redeposit fee if BA doesn't cancel the service, as they surely will.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 12:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by jeremyBA
I have oz booking for March 2021 with avois. No chance of going I accept.

it was booked last March and I assume that I have no clever options open to me as the ticket is only valid a year from booking is that correct ?

Don't cancel it yourself yet. I suspect it is highly likely that BA will cancel the flight (assuming your flights are on BA) and you will be able to get everything back.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 5:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Karen762
Had posted earlier in the week with a couple of questions about cancelling a March 2-4-1 flight LHR to JNB in F and rebooking to somewhere else later in the year.

Cancelled JNB flights on Monday - immediately got vouchers and VERY happy to have snagged J flights LHR-SYD for three weeks in Aug/Sept today. Very well timed for BA to have announced their 50% Avios sale yesterday as we did need to buy a few extra. All fairly simple so thank you for advice.
I just missed out on my return leg of my first 2-4-1 so looking to reschedule my outbound. When you cancelled your 2-4-1, were you able to do it in MMB, applying for a voucher, or did you call up? Did it return like a 2-4-1 into your account so you were able to get your SYD flights online?
Old Nov 28, 2020, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
I just missed out on my return leg of my first 2-4-1 so looking to reschedule my outbound. When you cancelled your 2-4-1, were you able to do it in MMB, applying for a voucher, or did you call up? Did it return like a 2-4-1 into your account so you were able to get your SYD flights online?
I cancelled in MMB and two voucher numbers were emailed to me straight away (within 10 mins). We then had to call in to use them. First call was transferred 3 times (despite explaining every time that we had FTVs including a 2-4-1) and then dropped out - second call worked straight away so maybe be prepared for some agents not to know how to process them.

Still feeling happy and positive despite some of the comments above!
jonkx likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Karen762
I cancelled in MMB and two voucher numbers were emailed to me straight away (within 10 mins). We then had to call in to use them. First call was transferred 3 times (despite explaining every time that we had FTVs including a 2-4-1) and then dropped out - second call worked straight away so maybe be prepared for some agents not to know how to process them.

Still feeling happy and positive despite some of the comments above!
Thanks Karen for sharing that detail. I'm nervous of setting up to rely on anything that relies on phone calls after last night's experience. I've got a plan which I'll put in the 2-4-1 thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.