Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to sell a limited number of First Class items

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeathSlam
Link thanks to florens, so others don't have to search the whole (now lengthy) thread.

https://www.whatabuy.co.uk/british-airways

Due to exposure on the BBC it looks like the company was swamped with a deluge of orders far greater than they expected, so some deliveries are taking a while to ship.
Many people have received their deliveries, so it looks like if you have a confirmation email for your purchase it should eventually be fulfilled.

On 1st Dec 2020 Whatabuy sent an email to all customers to say
Please be assured that if you received a 'confirmation of order' screen at the end of your transaction, we have a record of your purchase and are working on processing this, even if you did not receive a confirmation email.

On 9th Dec 2020 Whatabuy sent an email to customers to say
Please be assured that we are doing our upmost to fulfil all orders as quickly as possible, with all orders placed between the 23rd and 27th of November due to be shipped by Monday 14th December and all orders placed between the 28th November and 7th December due to be shipped by Monday 21st December.

Print Wikipost

BA to sell a limited number of First Class items

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Originally Posted by Rob0895
I got a set of mugs, I’m sure the wife will approve when they turn up!
Ordered the mugs too nothing else that I fancied. Would’ve quite liked the crystal spirit tumblers but not available, however the Crystal cabinet at home is already pretty full so not to worry.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by BESTEDIFLYER
Ordered the mugs too nothing else that I fancied. Would’ve quite liked the crystal spirit tumblers but not available, however the Crystal cabinet at home is already pretty full so not to worry.
I wanted a teapot but none seemed to be listed unfortunately
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I should spend less time on this forum, people keep posting links like this and I keep spending money on bits of planes!

I bought a seatbelt and no smoking sign from G-ZZZC and now I have a bit of the skin arriving in the post from the same plane. What next?! (Yes I did just buy 12 plates too...)
at my bolding.

On what is a rather gloomy day weather wise and being I'm stuck in the house, your post above really did make me laugh and one of many reasons why I still enjoy the BA board in particular. So thanks for that wilsnunn and keep posting!!

Back on topic, I'm not buying anything but some of the stuff looks great.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:10 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

eekk.. I jumped into this too, got the side plates, the smaller dining plate 24cm, bowl and the mugs. Sending them to family in the UK before collecting them when things improve in the UK. Pricing seems reasonable for this fine china and I like the design. Hope bring it back to NL would not be too messy - need to think of the best way to bring them back without them becoming bits and pieces

Cheers!
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by nldogbert
eekk.. I jumped into this too, got the side plates, the smaller dining plate 24cm, bowl and the mugs. Sending them to family in the UK before collecting them when things improve in the UK. Pricing seems reasonable for this fine china and I like the design. Hope bring it back to NL would not be too messy - need to think of the best way to bring them back without them becoming bits and pieces

Cheers!
Fly to AMS on BA with all your crockery in hand luggage. Set your own table service. See how many funny looks you get.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Site is now down, word must have gotten out and demand is somewhat more than expected.

Not unexpected really at those prices!!!!
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by danboy767
Site is now down, word must have gotten out and demand is somewhat more than expected.

Not unexpected really at those prices!!!!
Maybe this BBC article caused it (British Airways sells off bowls to bedding as it shifts surplus stock): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55043907

Hilarious that they use a picture of Club though...
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Website keeps crashing at each step ( 404-not found or unavailable)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Silver

British Airways big sell-off: Champagne flutes and trolleys

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55043907

Last edited by Yellowbelly; Nov 23, 2020 at 7:41 am
Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:34 am
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I bought some F plates, bowls, pasta bowls and mugs around an hour and a half ago. Payment went through fine and got a confirmation.
Hope it comes back for those that are yet to order.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Oh dear, bit ironic...

Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:30 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Yeoman5
I do need a new pair of PJs. Perhaps Mrs Y could procure a pair as a Christmas pressie
Would an EK pair do? I have a shelf full of the things.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
The order I did at 7.30am has now shipped, nothing to say the 6 large plates are not included for a fiver.
Dave_C, AdBoy, Victor DSCH and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Maybe this BBC article caused it (British Airways sells off bowls to bedding as it shifts surplus stock): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55043907
Noting that, despite everything else that's going on in the world right now, this is right at the top of the "Most Read" story list on the BBC website.
Kgmm77 and wilsnunn like this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
The order I did at 7.30am has now shipped, nothing to say the 6 large plates are not included for a fiver.
Did you get a shipping notification? My one placed at 07.45 hopefully won't be too far behind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.