Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA to sell a limited number of First Class items

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 27, 2020, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DeathSlam
Link thanks to florens, so others don't have to search the whole (now lengthy) thread.

https://www.whatabuy.co.uk/british-airways

Due to exposure on the BBC it looks like the company was swamped with a deluge of orders far greater than they expected, so some deliveries are taking a while to ship.
Many people have received their deliveries, so it looks like if you have a confirmation email for your purchase it should eventually be fulfilled.

On 1st Dec 2020 Whatabuy sent an email to all customers to say
Please be assured that if you received a 'confirmation of order' screen at the end of your transaction, we have a record of your purchase and are working on processing this, even if you did not receive a confirmation email.

On 9th Dec 2020 Whatabuy sent an email to customers to say
Please be assured that we are doing our upmost to fulfil all orders as quickly as possible, with all orders placed between the 23rd and 27th of November due to be shipped by Monday 14th December and all orders placed between the 28th November and 7th December due to be shipped by Monday 21st December.

Print Wikipost

BA to sell a limited number of First Class items

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Just received...

Dear Customer,

Following the launch of the partnership between British Airways and the Whatabuy team on 23rd November 2020, there has been an unprecedented level of demand for product and some orders are taking longer to process.

Please be assured that we are doing our upmost to fulfil all orders as quickly as possible, with all orders placed between the 23rd and 27th of November due to be shipped by Monday 14th December and all orders placed between the 28th November and 7th December due to be shipped by Monday 21st December. We have also been alerted to a potential system error which has meant that some customers have not received a confirmation email following a purchase. We are working with our IT developers to resolve this.

Please be assured that if you received a 'confirmation of order' screen at the end of your transaction, we have a record of your purchase and are working on processing this, even if you did not receive a confirmation email.

We would urge all customers to thoroughly check their junk email folder and ensure that the whatabuy email address [email protected] is included in your safe senders list.

We thank you for your continued patience during this time.

Kind Regards, Whatabuy team Kuehne + Nagel Ltd.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Hmmm...just received an insulated box. It looks brand new with a manufacturing date of October 2019. Questioning whether it has ever actually seen the inside of a 747. Any knowledge? I suppose they do replace them from time to time but wondering if BA is using the 747 angle to sell off excess unflown stock (I know, I'm a cynic...)
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Who knows but this equipment is also used on the whole of the B777 fleet as well?
Old Dec 9, 2020, 2:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Irish lad
Hmmm...just received an insulated box. It looks brand new with a manufacturing date of October 2019. Questioning whether it has ever actually seen the inside of a 747. Any knowledge? I suppose they do replace them from time to time but wondering if BA is using the 747 angle to sell off excess unflown stock (I know, I'm a cynic...)
Which size did you buy? I ordered the half size (full size's gone) but the description said "B" (crockery "A+" = brand new?), so am a bit concerned. I don't expect a brand new one but someone posted the sealable one with lots of filthy stains. But the other person who bought the full size insulated one posted a photo of a shiny one which looked new.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: BA GGL
Ordered the full size one from memory (invoice does not make clear). Description on invoice does say A+ which did not notice at the time. It looks like the picture of one on twitter. The website blurb says equipment "used onboard the Boeing 747" which I took to mean from an actual plane but they are interpreting more liberally (e.g. from a spares warehouse is fine).
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:21 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Has anyone who has had broken crockery been able to get any response or a resolution from whatabuy yet . I am just being met by a stone wall
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by Irish lad
Ordered the full size one from memory (invoice does not make clear). Description on invoice does say A+ which did not notice at the time.
I see. Mine defo said "B" on the website even though the photo looks quite new unlike sealable ones (those look "used" from photos). The confirmation does not show anything (not been despatched yet). I expect a used one as described, but don't really want a scrap-ish one. Will see later this month...!
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Finally after much persistence my brick wall was resolved. Natalie came through with lots of apologies and ensured my order left the very same day and has just arrived this morning, all intact.

some photos of it in action and the delivered package. I missed out on the large plates, no doubt the £5 Cock up scuppered all stock.

EDIT: All arrived in a single box and all item codes in their own smaller box and separated properly with cardboard fillers. The photo is straight after unboxing each item code.

This morning’s consignment

Medium

The large in action.

Soup/desert bowl I haven’t seen the pasta bowl in the heat of action but happy with what has been delivered. On my flight they had no coffee mugs loaded but the ones delivered today look great. Now to find the Dartington glasses.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My pet hate, pictures 2/3/4 incorrectly laid cutlery. 😡
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
woopsie 😬
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:01 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Can I help you
In all seriousness, I appreciate that you notice these kinds of things
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
My first order arrived this morning, everything in one piece (despite it being undone at the top).
Just waiting for the other 3 orders now!
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:47 am

Received my first order placed on 23 Nov. Everything was intact - external & internal packages as well as items. Two quilts gave extra cushioning. I am very happy and looking forward to the second order.

ACARS likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
In all seriousness, I appreciate that you notice these kinds of things
It’s all about standards and attention to detail, once a trainer always a trainer. 😂
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by ACARS
Soup/desert bowl I haven’t seen the pasta bowl in the heat of action but happy with what has been delivered. On my flight they had no coffee mugs loaded but the ones delivered today look great. Now to find the Dartington glasses.
I emailed Dartington about the glasses yesterday - they won’t sell the glasses and don’t do anything similar
ACARS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.