Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LATAM Award flights no longer bookable with Avios?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LATAM Award flights no longer bookable with Avios?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Has anyone any idea of the best place to search? BAEC isn’t much cop for this so if we can still do this please can someone share the news!
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by shrididdy
But how would you even search? Is award space shown on LANpass fully accessible to partners?
No, LATAMPass is revenue based, so while there are seats available, they allow you to book with points (at ridiculous prices).
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by srbrenna
Has anyone any idea of the best place to search? BAEC isn’t much cop for this so if we can still do this please can someone share the news!
I think the place to search is Delta.com, as I said above. At least this is the only place I've found that seems to work.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:50 pm

Thanks! I’ve had a look and that works. However it only shows economy fares. Have you managed to get it to show J ones?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:52 am

Can confirm that LATAM flights are bookable via phone. Took me 3 agents to get it done & availability is on par with what is showing on delta.com.

2 of the agents had no idea about booking the flights and they were insisting that it is not possible with LATAM anymore so it depends on who you get on the line... Well worth it though - saved me about 350€ on my flights to the Galapagos.
our_kid and KARFA like this.

Last edited by nikolask; Dec 8, 2021 at 8:08 am
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by srbrenna
Thanks! I’ve had a look and that works. However it only shows economy fares. Have you managed to get it to show J ones?
I've seen business class seats available on delta.com for LATAM flights.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:16 am

That’s good to hear. Do you select Delta One or do you have to select another class?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:44 am

Yes, it is the Delta One column, but marked as Business(U) for LATAM flights. For delta flights it is First Delta One.
Still haven't learned to make screenshots on the Mac, but if you check MIA-GRU for Dec 26 there are seats available in Economy and Business right now.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:40 am

Old Dec 10, 2021, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Nueromancer Command+Shift+4 is your friend - one of the best shortcuts
neuromancer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 9:40 am

Do you have a Delta account? I can’t get that output, only a grid format.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 3:18 am

No, i don't.
Select shop with miles and get the grid (week). Select the date and Continue and will see what I pasted.
In Advanced search you can select Delta One and get only business on the grid.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 4:34 am

Thanks! The BA search was a bit easier but it’s good to learn another way!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by nikolask
Can confirm that LATAM flights are bookable via phone. Took me 3 agents to get it done & availability is on par with what is showing on delta.com.

2 of the agents had no idea about booking the flights and they were insisting that it is not possible with LATAM anymore so it depends on who you get on the line... Well worth it though - saved me about 350€ on my flights to the Galapagos.
Originally Posted by neuromancer
They can book LATAM flights, if there is availability, called last week.
Those are really interesting data points. Thanks a lot for sharing!
nikolask : What did the third agent different from the two other ones? Did you talk to the German or UK callcenter?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Viper35
Those are really interesting data points. Thanks a lot for sharing!
nikolask : What did the third agent different from the two other ones? Did you talk to the German or UK callcenter?
Relevant data point: I called the US number (800-452-1201) this morning and booked a one-way LATAM flight from GYE-LIM. While the (very friendly) agent was booking the second flight, the call disconnected. I called again and talked to a total jerk (straight off the bat) who told me that as of last August they can't book LATAM. I told him I had just done so earlier this morning and he said "that flight will probably be canceled."

Given that I'd have to transfer about 80k UR points to Avios to book the next flight (a LIM-GIG round trip) and don't want 104k Avios if that one does get canceled, I think I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to see if BA or LATAM cancel the booking. I'll update here if they do.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:40 pm

Any update on being able to book LATAM with avios ? If yes, is the award distance based like the other partner airlines for avios ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.