FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LATAM Award flights no longer bookable with Avios? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2028909-latam-award-flights-no-longer-bookable-avios.html)

mauricioleiman Nov 20, 2020 8:08 pm

LATAM Award flights no longer bookable with Avios?

Hey everyone

It seems to me that LATAM flights are no longer bookable with Avios, when searching for a reward flight on a route operated by LATAM through the BA website you now get an error message that states "British Airways and its partners do not fly this route. Please consider alternative destinations or contact your executive club service centre". Has anybody else experienced this?

KARFA Nov 20, 2020 8:17 pm

It was noted a few days ago here too. I wonder whether it’s a temporary glitch or something more permanent?

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/11/14/...s/?omhide=true

fruitcage Nov 21, 2020 1:19 am

I believe they can be booked by phone - or has that facility also gone?

srbrenna Nov 22, 2020 3:11 am

Originally Posted by fruitcage (Post 32833997)
I believe they can be booked by phone - or has that facility also gone?

That was my understanding too.

KARFA Nov 22, 2020 3:16 am

They were bookable online until recently - beyond the point where they had left oneworld. I booked a LATAM flight online using avios back in May.

neuromancer Nov 30, 2020 4:41 pm

LATAM left one world, so no more online booking. They should be bookable by phone. I wonder however is there a way to search availability online, to be prepared...
Tried searching with Qantas's site, but it is unreliable, the calendar shows some availability, then when I click a date, everything changes completely and other dates appear, while the old ones disappear...

OpenSky Jan 11, 2021 6:15 pm

I tried booking today, by phone. I called the Gold line, the agent went out her way to actually verify I was Gold Guest List. Gave her the flights I wanted, which I confirmed were available. A sabre PNR was generated - ticketing was manual ( not instant)

My sense is BA doesn't want people to book these tickets, and are making it hard to do so.

TravelNew Jan 12, 2021 3:05 am

Is there a cut off date for Avios redemptions on LATAM flights?

Dove777 Jan 12, 2021 11:32 am

Thank you for sharing. How did you confirm reward availability in the first place? I am trying to book of few of LATAM flights myself....

Dove777 Jan 12, 2021 11:35 am

Originally Posted by OpenSky (Post 32960551)
I tried booking today, by phone. I called the Gold line, the agent went out her way to actually verify I was Gold Guest List. Gave her the flights I wanted, which I confirmed were available. A sabre PNR was generated - ticketing was manual ( not instant)

My sense is BA doesn't want people to book these tickets, and are making it hard to do so.

Thank you for sharing. How did you confirm reward availability in the first place? I am trying to book of few of LATAM flights myself....

corporate-wage-slave Jan 12, 2021 11:38 am

Originally Posted by OpenSky (Post 32960551)

I suspect that as far as BA is concerned this is business, and just right now any business is better than no business. Avios was never IAG's charitable service, it exists to make money. But where I suspect the truth lies is that BAEC can't justify investing to make their booking engines more reliable for partner airlines, or even more flexibile, since the return on that investment is going to be higher in many other areas. Moreover if there is one large airline group with even more ropey IT than IAG, it's going to be LATAM.

OpenSky Jan 12, 2021 12:30 pm

I am very grateful that I was able to do it - indeed its one fo the high value points fo the BAEC program for me.

The loss of Latam would be tragic, both earning and redeeming, though earning its not that hard to have this plated on OW carrier flight numbers, IB and QF especially, for tier points, since so many flights are codeshared.

LATAM is currently in bankruptcy, who knows how they will emerge. So in short, yes this can be done ( avois bookings ) please do your homework.

Carlos Moreno Feb 19, 2021 12:23 pm

I booked in Oct-2020 a flight in Latam from SCL to MIA via BAEC call center. Had no problems at that time.
I called yesterday again to book a new leg (MIA-SCL) but was told that I coluldnt use Avios to redeem a Latam flight because they werent Oneworld anymore. I said that was strange since I booked a flight in October without any issues. The agent checked for many minutes and finally said that my October booking shouldn't have happened and that I was lucky that my ticket didn't get cancelled. He confirmed that they don't book anymore with Latam with Avios.
I'll try calling again today to see if I have better luck.

srbrenna Feb 19, 2021 3:42 pm

I’d be very interested in your update. Please let us know.

Carlos Moreno Feb 21, 2021 7:18 am

Called again and was succesful. Booked the flight I wanted with Latam. The agent didn't mention anything about there being any issues to book Latam with Avios. I would suggest to anyone who has issues, call again to get a different agent.