Search

BA World Traveller Plus- On Board Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2020, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BA World Traveller Plus- On Board Service

Hi

Flew World Traveller Plus with BA on 30/10 to Antigua for a week, and despite the new lockdown announced by Boris whilst we were away both flights operated normally.

However the service received on board was like chalk and cheese. On the way out we received the usual WTP service, (including a main meal containing salad, hot course, dessert and cheese and biscuits with proper cutlery), with the only thing missing being the welcome drink when we boarded. However on the way back we were served a very basic main meal with plastic cutlery (also served to economy passengers) and a Kit Kat for dessert. When we raised this with the crew member serving us she told us this was normal service at present in WTP and were we sure we travelled out in the same class and weren't in Business. We said we were and then she asked whether the crew had worn hats (!)

Can anyone explain this inconsistency? A friend thinks they may have forgotten to load the WTP meals in Antigua, but keen to hear any other explanations!
Old Nov 11, 2020, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Interesting, even crew wearing hats cannot produce different catering?
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
You received steel cutlery on your outbound?! No class currently has this - not even First.

WT and WTP catering is currently the same.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
I didn't think there were "hats" and "no hats" anymore at Heathrow?
SxMan likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There are no hats but it was LGW crew member thinking that a LHR MF crew member was doing their own thing.
SxMan and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Genius1
You received steel cutlery on your outbound?! No class currently has this - not even First.

WT and WTP catering is currently the same.
We definitely did have metal cutlery- must have struck lucky!

Last edited by mcg1973; Nov 11, 2020 at 7:00 am Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 11, 2020, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
So that's what the hats were for? Smuggling on proper cutlery and better catering for some passengers. Now I know :-)
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Had plastic cutlery and cups both out and back to UVF last week in Club.

Although the return meal was definatley lower quality than from the UK.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
...another reason to remind myself not to accept the 136 GBP offer to upgrade my LHR DXB....
Old Nov 11, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mcg1973
On the way out we received the usual WTP service, (including a main meal containing salad, hot course, dessert and cheese and biscuits with proper cutlery),
It sounds like you were served a crew meal. Were you served your meal on a full sized tray with linen? No passenger meals have had proper metal cultery since March, even in First Class. The service in WT and WTP is identical currently.

It sounds like you got lucky on the outbound!

The (slightly misleading) question about hats would bascially be trying to establish if the outbound flight was operated by Heathrow crew/catering/aircraft.
SxMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.