Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to escalate Seating Department requests?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a way to escalate Seating Department requests?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2020, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I want it fixed NOW. Is that unreasonable ?
‘Me me me - my seating problem some trumps every other imaginable issue...’

As others have said, I think some perspective is needed here..
Yes I want it solved.
Goodness, from the fuss that you're making, one might have thought that there was something important at stake here.

But no, it's just almost indistinguishable seats on short flights that may very well not even operate. You're only a Sapphire, so it's not like you can get the good seats on the aircraft.

Yes, the system ought to work. It will be great if you can get it to work. But "I want it fixed NOW" sounds thoroughly unreasonable. We've all had experiences of not being able get desired/desirable seats, or of being kicked out of them. Stuff sometimes just happens.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
But no, it's just almost indistinguishable seats on short flights that may very well not even operate. You're only a Sapphire, so it's not like you can get the good seats on the aircraft.
I guess that the OP wants row 2, otherwise, they would run out of champagne until it comes to his row, or most importantly, the meal box of his choice ( vegetarian or non-vegetarian ) would run out so he wouldn't be able to "Enjoy his Menu".
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Problem resolved !!! Thanks to those of you who suggested I contact YouFirst and to those who suspected the problem was the appearance of both my BA and AA FF numbers in the record. YouFirst answered me back within 90 minutes and said you guys were right. They corrected the problem and assigned the seats. And to those of you who criticized me for being impatient and "entitled" , eat your words. I was right and you (and 3 BA res agents) were wrong. It would have been nice if BA res agents would have taken an interest in the problem instead of making lame excuses. Just escalating it to a supervisor probably would have solved kit. This problem never would have been resolved until check-in and, yes. it makes a difference to me. BA offers advance seat selection and those entitled to it should be able to get it.
ExpatExp likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:58 am

Problem resolved !!! Thanks to those of you who suggested I contact YouFirst and to those who suspected the problem was the appearance of both my BA and AA FF numbers in the record. YouFirst answered me back within 90 minutes and said you guys were right. They corrected the problem and assigned the seats. And to those of you who criticized me for being impatient and "entitled" , eat your words. I was right and you (and 3 BA res agents) were wrong. It would have been nice if BA res agents would have taken an interest in the problem instead of making lame excuses. Just escalating it to a supervisor probably would have solved kit. This problem never would have been resolved until check-in and, yes. it makes a difference to me. BA offers advance seat selection and those entitled to it should be able to get it.
Congratulations 🎈
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
"eat your words"...........would that be on china, or from a box?
JIMCHI likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Talking

Originally Posted by davidcamp6
"eat your words"...........would that be on china, or from a box?
In seat 42B and in a box !!
Old Nov 10, 2020, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
And to those of you who criticized me for being impatient and "entitled" , eat your words. I was right and you (and 3 BA res agents) were wrong.
I rather think that these two sentences alone show that your critics were right.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 1:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
So, problem resolved, and I think we’re done.

Thread Closed !!!
Dave_C, Mike P, LTN Phobia and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.