Search

BA*QR Codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLFL/ VS GOLD/ WY GOLD/ SQ PPS/KL GOLD
BA*QR Codeshare

Hi All,

Does anyone know if BA codeshare flights operated by QR are still eligible for tier points? I have woken up this morning to see that only QR prime flights are eligible, this would seem extremely strange.

Is this just an error? As a few days ago it was showing the full tier points for all codeshare flights!

If anyone can shed some light that would be great!
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes they would be eligible to earn as per BA rates as the marketing airline. In fact BA marketer flights on any operating airline should earn.

Where have you seen they don’t earn?
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:12 am
Original Poster

According to my bookings, it would seem that only QR marketed and operated flights are earning the full tier points and Avios, the BA*QR codeshare flights have dropped the tier points but left the Avios.

Strange indeed!
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Flyer1508
According to my bookings, it would seem that only QR marketed and operated flights are earning the full tier points and Avios, the BA*QR codeshare flights have dropped the tier points but left the Avios.

Strange indeed!
If you are looking at MMB, that has been inaccurate about this for at least the last 10 years. You best use the full guidance either here or on the BAEC pages in BA.com. The only thing to watch in this area is if something has a BA or QR code but is actually operated by another airline altogether, then it depends on the specific details. QR regularly change their fare buckets which sometimes causes a short term issue, but broadly if it's a cash fare on a QR jet you will get both TPs and Avios.
KARFA and Flyer1508 like this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks for this,

What is strange is what showing a few days ago and suddenly it disappeared!
Old Oct 23, 2020, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As ever, it’s always best to check the source data (eg an earning table on your FFP’s website) rather than trusting booking information. BA is bad in this regard, but LH had form for showing Miles and More earning regardless of the FFP in the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.