Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would you miss?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
I won't miss the appalling safety video...who thought that wouldn't grate after being watched a few times...??
20Rothmans likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
They don't play Flower Duet onboard, it has been Serenade for Strings for as long as I can remember..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWjxVrJMSMA

And apparently BA isn't paying for the royalties to play it as boarding music anymore.. although it was playing on my most recent flight last month!
It's flower duet when the safety video comes on.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Many BAEC GOLD status chasers would agree with that.....QR is esecially popular with them.

Regarding the hot towels...I don't sweat the small stuff so rarely need them.
well i was thinking more of my prior decade with AA OWE status so i'd probably have to submit myself to the hit-or-miss-but-mostly-miss angry FAs on the transatlantic journeys and not receiving my special GGL greeting on AA! i joke but seriously i get more personal greetings on AA as a GGL than i do on BA let alone as i ever did as a CK on AA lol.

i have reached a age where i find the cheeky nature of virgin to be just a bit too young for me so while i could get my british hospitality there, i'd still prefer the seriousness of BA.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
upper deck on the queen of the sky
Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:18 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
The britishness when returning from an exotic climb

The friendly banter when you get the stellar service (which is not guaranteed )

The aircraft new and old warts and all

The site of a BA plane
Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chris_G
I won't miss the appalling safety video...who thought that wouldn't grate after being watched a few times...??
You'll enjoy flying at the moment then - I haven't seen the video shown on any flights I've been since March!

I would miss my Avios stash (which I'm trying to get through), but it's the familiarity that I'd miss the most, just knowing how things work and how they will be...
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
The therapeutic effect of whingeing about a fomer national treasure having fallen from grace
James91 likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
The people.

As an Anglophile foreigner: nothing beats British humour and courtesy. Besides, I actually like scotch eggs and sausage rolls.
James91 and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:35 am

TBH some of what I would miss is already gone, (or is likely under threat in future years as the industry reconfigures)

Britishness, and feeling of being home before I get home
The 747 (I mean that's now gone anyway, but synonymous with BA, and made the airline increasingly unique in the last few years), especially premium economy on 52J aircraft (the view of the engines, the access the Club Snacks when in W.... etc etc)
The First Wing (and CCR when flying first) - quite what lounge experience will be like in future is unknown, especially pour your own single malt....!
Afternoon Tea
2-4-1 Vouchers and award availability in J and F (again likely redueced especially in F with deminished F-network)
Decent and capable call centre staff
Extensive route network (either direct or through OW - and this is a huge risk if we see alliances hollowed out in future)
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Nothing.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Ever since I reached the dizzying heights of Blue, I have found various places in LHR and LGW to get good coffee and great food.

So I would miss these, on the assumption that the lowly Golds and GGLs would figure them out.

Other than that, I would miss the Avios, and some of the staff.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:44 am

The GGL line/email service and the HVC team.

Everything else is replaceable, crews included I'm afraid.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Schwann
They don't play Flower Duet onboard, it has been Serenade for Strings for as long as I can remember..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWjxVrJMSMA

And apparently BA isn't paying for the royalties to play it as boarding music anymore.. although it was playing on my most recent flight last month!
Originally Posted by 1010101
It's flower duet when the safety video comes on.
Right after the safety video (at
it it doesn't work below):

Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: VS Red, BA Bronze, IHG Platinum HH Diamond
I would miss the Cabin Crew. Admittedly, they appear to be rather more inconsistent these days. But for most of the fights I took with BA, they were stars.

However, training and experience seem to count for nothing with the bean-counters who have replaced most of the stars with the cheapest Cabin Crew they can employ.

I really hope BA survive - and start to again appreciate the Cabin Crew who face the customers who keep them in business!

FW
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Nothing.
Yet you spend every day on a BAEC forum?
BA or bust and James91 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.