Search

Bat mitzvah-- on board?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2020, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Matmid Gold, TAP Air S* Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Back home!

Recap:

BA did an amazing Job. as did Sofitel. and a special warm thank you and hat-and-kippah-tip to FT member FF!

four BA flights flown:

TLV-LHR (#1 )
LHR-JFK (#2 )
JFK-LHR (#3 )
LHR-TLV (#4 )

TLV station presented her with a card... and

flight #1 they presented her with their card. (and one of the flight crew wrote "bat mitzvah" not just birthday-- very impressive and unexpected!)

the Sofitel at Heathrow truly outdid themselves in a major way with the works.. upgraded room, signage, a cake.... the team was superb, room (suite!) was immaculate.. they truly went the extra mile(s)!

flight #2 they presented her with MY card that I prepared-- and added stickers to it! and invited her into the cockpit!!

flight #3 they used my prepared card... and asked ME if I would be "okay" with the pilot announcing it! (I didn't even ask because this thread scared me off the attempt!I asked them to tell me when in advance so i could record it-- and told me that the pilot would announce it at the end of the landing announcement! plus live applause from the flight crew! and a balloon of their own!

had a two hour connection time...

flight #4 we were so happy just to be going home and getting on the plane (some BA transfer employee) decided that we needed to go landside(!!) for a temperature check and made us wait... but after a call and a triple-check we were told to wait and they brought us a thermometer airside. but that's just so we have another story to tell.. we made the connection. i was never so happy to see boarding at gate 10A! a bus, so what?!)

and how can I not mention flyertalk member FF drove down to heathrow and brought three kosher "not-so-mini" birthday cakes (mmm!), helium balloons, flameless birthday candles, a humongous birthday pin, kosher sandwiches and sushi... i was truly blown away by his kindness and generosity!

Pictures to follow...

and my apologies to all those who said "nay" to those who grumped, and to those who harrumped. you managed to temper my expectations so much that the actual result far exceeded what I expected!!
Old Nov 4, 2020, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Happy to hear about this total success event. Allow me to congratulate you for arranging it all, but of course still more your daughter for two things. First for experiencing the bat mitzvah itself, a significant life experience, but secondly also for having a dedicated father willing to walk an extra mile, or three, to give his daughter this impressive celebration. Blessings to your whole family!
tapuach likes this.

Last edited by onobond; Nov 5, 2020 at 11:17 pm
Old Nov 4, 2020, 4:52 pm

Kudos to FF as well!!

Is it “okay” if the pilot announces it?!

This post just made my day.
tapuach likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by tapuach
to all those who said "nay" to those who grumped, and to those who harrumped. you managed to temper my expectations so much that the actual result far exceeded what I expected!!
That's the key to having a great BA flight afterall
Truthmonkey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.