Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Free check in of baggage due to heavy loads but flight showing as empty?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free check in of baggage due to heavy loads but flight showing as empty?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: BA gold, HHonors diamond, IHG rewards gold
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
you can also use the brolly to fend off the sunglass salesmen on the beach.
Not sure he kind of brolly that would fit in hand luggage case would be best suited to that...
Will go stocked with pens though
Woodbinerich likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
jenecho Re the PLF .... Are you talking about the one for greece? If thats he case you cant do it on the day.

Travelling currently so cant post the link. Suggest you google asap if its greece youre talking about.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by firstlight
You can do everything you need to get to Greece (PLF) in the first wing.
You need to do the Greek PLF before about 10pm the night before. You will then get your QR code confirmation after 10pm. Waiting until the day and you won't be able to check in and you will be denied boarding. I have seen it happen to several families at Glasgow on Greek flights.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
jenecho Re the PLF .... Are you talking about the one for greece? If thats he case you cant do it on the day.

Travelling currently so cant post the link. Suggest you google asap if its greece youre talking about.
Thanks, I have already done the form. Expecting a QR code any minute. I was just asking if I could do the check on it in the first wing rather than a specific area and it appears I can
Old Sep 19, 2020, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by jenecho
Thanks, I have already done the form. Expecting a QR code any minute. I was just asking if I could do the check on it in the first wing rather than a specific area and it appears I can

Or at midnight rather, having actually read the email
Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by jenecho
Or at midnight rather, having actually read the email
FWIW its midnight Greece time, 10PM GMT or just after it should turn up.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:15 am

Was on flight BA 644 to KLX last Sat 19th Sep. Got the hand baggage email. Was surprised as online the seat selector only showed barely 10% selected.

True enough, flight was about 90% full. Single passengers couldn't get any seats next to them empty. Price had also not gone up in the week to departure, was still around £60 for economy one way.

OLCI doesn't work for Greece atm. So if you're trying to nab seats strategically, make sure you check just before 24 hours for the last chance. Once you're in the 24 hours, online seat selection is not available, as check in isn't available.

​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.